1. No purchase necessary. The SuretyBonds.com Small Business Success Student Scholarship Program is open to any citizen and/or resident of the United States (and its territories and possessions) who will be enrolled at an institution of higher learning full-time for Fall Semester 2015. All other entries will be disqualified.
2. Interested students are encouraged to apply online at www.SuretyBonds.com/scholarship-program/apply.
When applying, students will be asked to provide the following information:
***Parents must grant consent if the student is 17 years old or younger. A check box will be provided on the online entry form.***
***Each finalist will be asked to provide a photo of the applicant with the small business or photo of the applicant that represents the nature of the small business (for Facebook App purposes).***
3. Each student may only submit one entry.
4. Each student must submit an original essay (500-1,000 words) about how small business ownership (personal, parent, grandparent, or legal guardian) has shaped you into the person you are today.
The essay must have a title and be written in English. Essays with fewer than 500 words or more than 1,000 words will be disqualified.
5. Essays must be original and factually accurate, and they must not be in the public domain. Essays may not infringe upon or violate any personal property rights of others, such as defamation, invasion of privacy, infringement of the intellectual property rights of any third person or other unlawful use of material. By submitting an essay to the SuretyBonds.com Small Business Success Student Scholarship Program, each student acknowledges his or her understanding of and compliance with these rules. SuretyBonds.com reserves the right to disqualify any entry deemed inappropriate for publication per the company's discretion.
6. All entries must be received no later than March 31, 2015, to be eligible for the contest.
7. A panel of judges will review the applications. Essays will be judged on the following criteria:
The judges will select 10 finalists. The decisions of the judges will be final.
8. The 10 finalists will be featured on the official SuretyBonds.com Facebook page. The three winners will be determined based on votes collected via our Small Business Success Student Scholarship Program Facebook App. Voting will begin at 12:00 a.m. CST on May 1, 2015 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. CST on May 31, 2015.
9. Winners will each receive a one-time scholarship check of $1,500 to be used for future educational expenses. Winners will be announced on June 3, 2015, via Facebook. Winners will also be notified via email on June 3, 2015. Winners will later be featured on www.SuretyBonds.com/Scholarship-Program/winners.
*A student's likelihood of being chosen as a finalist will depend upon the quality of all other entries as judged by the criteria stated above. A finalist's likelihood of winning a scholarship is 1 in 3 1/3, and winners will be determined via the public's vote on the Small Business Success Student Scholarship Program Facebook App. In the event of a numerical tie based on votes, the panel of judges will select three winners. Prizes are nontransferable. All prizes will be awarded. Competition is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes. Winners and their parents/legal guardians will be required to execute an affidavit of originality, eligibility and compliance with rules, a release of liability and grant of publication rights within 10 days of the date specified in the notification. Failure to do so will result in the prize being awarded to the finalist with the next highest votes. Winners must provide a valid street address to which SuretyBonds.com can mail the winners their scholarship check, a publicity release, an affidavit of eligibility and, if applicable, a tax form.
**All essays and all rights to their publication become the property of SuretyBonds.com, which may use, edit and excerpt these entries for purposes promotional or otherwise, including placing them online without compensation, additional or otherwise. SuretyBonds.com reserves the right to use prizewinners' names and hometowns in any advertising or promotional materials relating to this competition without further notification, permission, or compensation to the winners, except where prohibited by law.