Iowa Public Adjuster Bond
Purchase your bond instantly online when you choose one of the 3 term options below. Save time and money by extending your bond term. Choosing a longer term now means you pay 25% less for your bond each year and forego the annual renewal process.
1 year term
2 year term - save $50.00!
3 year term - save $100.00!
Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.
We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.
We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.
How much does a $20,000 public adjuster bond cost in Iowa?
Iowa public adjuster surety bonds cost $200 and are issued instantly. Click Buy Now to purchase your bond online via our secure bond checkout. In just a few minutes you can be on your way to being bonded as a public adjuster in Iowa.
Why do I need this bond?
Public adjusters in Iowa are required to submit a $20,000 as part of the licensing process.
This bond ensures consumers that public adjusters work according to Iowa Administrative Code Section 191-55.10(1). Prohibited acts under this bond include, but are not limited to:
- Knowingly making any oral or written misrepresentations or statements that are false or maliciously critical to injure any person engaged in the business of insurance
- Charging fees on a client’s settlement that were not originally agreed upon in the contract
- Representing or acting as a company adjuster on the same claim
- Not ensuring that all contracts for the public adjuster’s services are in writing and set forth all terms and conditions of the engagement
If the principal (public adjuster) fails to work according to the state’s regulations, a claim can be made against the bond to recover losses.
What’s the fine print?
This bond must remain in effect during the term of the license. If the surety chooses to terminate the bond early, 30 days’ notice prior to cancellation is required to be given to the obligee. The notice must be submitted in writing and filed with the Division.
How to become a public adjuster in Iowa
Posting a surety bond is only one part of the licensing process. Individuals must apply through the National Insurance Producer Registry online system. Before approving a license application, the Division must find that the applicant meets the following requirements:
- Eligible to designate Iowa as individual’s home state
- Not committed any act that is grounds for denial
- Demonstrates trustworthiness, reliability, and has good reputation
- Financially responsible
- Paid all required fees
- Maintains office with public access by reasonable appointment or regular business hours
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Successfully passed public adjuster examination
Ready to get started?
Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert today.