Alabama professional fundraiser bonds expire on September 30, 2012, which is less than one month away. North Dakota fundraising bonds expired on September 1, so fundraising professionals in North Dakota must renew their bonds as soon as possible to continue working in the state legally.
Professional fundraisers get bonded to ensure they’ll handle all funds raised appropriately and then deliver them to the intended destination. Many government agencies require this type of bond before an entity can be licensed as a professional fundraiser and/or solicitor. Generally, professional fundraisers/solicitors include:
- fundraising consultants
- grant writers
- “Professional fundraisers are businesses that solicit contributions on behalf of charitable organizations for compensation or other consideration.
- Professional solicitors are employed or compensated by a professional fundraiser to solicit contributions for charitable purposes.
- Commercial co-venturers are businesses that conduct a sale, performance, or event for profit or other consideration, which will benefit a charitable or religious organization.”
In Alabama, all registration fees expire on September 30 of each year. These fees are as follows:
- Professional fundraiser registration and annual fee: $100
- Commercial co-venturer registration and annual fee: $100
- Professional solicitor registration and annual fee: $25
To renew your Alabama professional fundraiser bond, download the bond form, and contact a surety specialist at SuretyBonds.com to get your free, no-obligation price quote for your bond. Your account manager will process your bond as soon as your payment is received. You will receive a copy of your surety bond via email, and your original bond form will be mailed to you via your preferred shipping method. Professional fundraisers in Alabama will submit their original bond form to:
Office of the Alabama Attorney General
P.O. Box 300152
Montgomery, AL 36130
If you’re a professional fundraiser or solicitor in North Dakota, your surety bond is expired and must be renewed as soon as possible. To renew your North Dakota fundraiser bond, download the bond form, and contact SuretyBonds.com to speak with an expert surety specialist who will walk you through the bonding process.
North Dakota fundraising professionals will submit their original bond form to:
Secretary of State
State of North Dakota
600 E. Boulevard Ave., Dept. 108
Bismarck, ND 58505