Thinking about getting licensed as a public insurance adjuster in Texas? Our Definitive Guide to Texas Public Adjuster Licensing is now available!
Every Texas public insurance adjuster is required to be licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance prior to conducting business. An insurance adjuster is someone who investigates insurance claims to determine the amount of liability. The adjuster will often analyze hospital records, inspect property damage or interview witnesses when investigating claims. The licensing requirements for public insurance adjusters are established by the TIC § 4102.001.
What are the requirements to receive a Texas public insurance adjuster license?
Those applying for a Texas public adjuster license must meet the following requirements to legally conduct business in the state of Texas:
- Must achieve passing score on the Pearson VUE exam OR a TDI certified course AND approved final examination
- Applicants must complete 24 hours of continuing education every two years to maintain a license
- Two hours must cover ethics, and at least 50% must be taken in a classroom or a classroom equivalent
- The applicant must submit to fingerprinting for a background check
- Must pay a $50 license fee, a $40 examination fee and a $50 renewal fee at the time of license expiration
- Submit a $10,000 surety bond made payable to the Texas Department of Insurance
Where should applications be sent?
Physical applications and application materials should be sent via mail to the Texas Department of Insurance at the following address:
Texas Department of Insurance
Agent and Adjuster Licensing, MC 107-1A
P.O. BOX 12069
Austin, TX 78711-2069
How do I get a Texas public insurance adjuster surety bond?
You can purchase a Texas Public Insurance Adjuster Bond online 24/7 and receive your official public insurance adjuster document set instantly in your email once you’ve submitted your payment. You can also call 1(800)308-4358 to speak with a surety expert about your bonding needs.
Founded in 2009, SuretyBonds.com has streamlined the direct-to-consumer bonding experience by providing efficient, innovative, and informed surety bond solutions nationwide. SuretyBonds.com encourages its clients, employees, and industry colleagues to Grow Through Education every day.