The Florida Department of Financial Services requires public adjusters to meet several requirements to obtain a license. A few of the requirements to be met by a potential Florida public adjuster include the following:
- Proof that the applicant is at least 18 years old
- Must be a resident of Florida OR maintain a principle business location in the state
- Must be a United States citizen OR a legal immigrant with work authorization from the United States Immigration and Naturalization Services
- Completion of of the public adjuster apprenticeship OR the previous holding of an All Lines or Property Casualty Adjuster license and appointment in Florida OR currently holding an All Lines or Property Casualty Adjuster license and appointment in Florida (on a continual basis) for at least the past year
- File an original $50,000 surety bond with the Department of Financial Services
How much does it cost to apply?
There are several fees associated with obtaining a Florida public adjuster license, including a $50 application fee, $5 license ID fee, a $45.80 fingerprint fee and a $42 state examination fee. Applicants may be exempt from the $50 fee if they or their spouse are members of the United States Armed Forces, or if they have retired from the military within the last 24 months. You can find information on additional fees that vary from applicant to applicant by visiting the Division of Insurance Agent and Agency Services website.
Where should the license application be submitted?
Applicants will need to submit their Florida public adjuster applications to the Department of Financial Services’ Bureau of Licensing online portal. The applicant will also need to mail their surety bond and employment records to the Bureau of Licensing. The mailing address is listed under step four of this adjuster licensing resource.
Where do I get a Florida public adjuster surety bond?
Our team of experts is ready to help you get bonded today! When you choose SuretyBonds.com, you can buy your $50,000 Florida public adjuster bond instantly online for $500. Have any questions? Give us a call at 1 (800) 308-4358.