How does one become a New Mexico independent insurance adjuster?
In order to become a New Mexico independent insurance adjuster, applicants are required to meet all criteria set forth by the New Mexico Office of the Superintendent of Insurance. The New Mexico independent adjuster license requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide a completed license application to the Producer Licensing Bureau
- Pay a $30 license fee, plus $20 if the applicant is affiliated with an adjusting firm
- Have New Mexico resident status
- Furnish proof that the applicant is 18 years or older
- Show evidence that the applicant has at least a year of experience, special education or training pertaining to the handling of claims or losses under insurance contracts
- Provide proof that the applicant has received a $10,000 independent adjuster surety bond for the state of New Mexico
The total estimated cost to be licensed as an independent adjuster is $174, or $194 if the applicant is affiliated with an adjusting firm.
What does the application involve?
All applicants must get fingerprinted and—upon submission of fingerprints—pay a $44 fee for a mandatory background check. Some of the information required on the application itself includes employment history, any criminal history and social security number. The independent adjuster license application may be viewed in its entirety on the Office of Superintendent of Insurance website.
Where should application materials be submitted?
The completed application can either be sent by physical mail to the Producer Licensing Bureau or via email at [email protected]. The physical address of the licensing bureau can be found at the bottom of the independent insurance adjuster application or on the Producer Licensing Bureau’s website.
Need an independent adjuster surety bond?
The experts at SuretyBonds.com can help you get the $10,000 surety bond required for your New Mexico independent adjuster license. Give us a call at 1 (800) 308-4358 for more information or buy your New Mexico independent adjuster bond online for $100 in less than five minutes!
Have more questions about getting a New Mexico independent adjuster license?
Check out our bond page for a list of resources containing more information on getting a New Mexico independent adjuster license. If your question isn’t answered there, you can reach out to the New Mexico Producer Licensing Bureau at 505-827-4349 or via email at [email protected].