Account Assistant Internship
15-20 hours/week in our Columbia, Missouri office.
Pay starts at $12/hr
Are you ready for an opportunity to immerse yourself in a dynamic internship and real-world experience? As an Account Assistant intern, you will have direct involvement in the surety bond renewal process including an introduction to underwriting, insurance rate filings, current retention strategies, and industry-related legislation. Account Assistants present and discuss payment and financing options over the phone with pre-existing clients.
What can I expect to gain from this internship
- Developing soft skills in the areas of communication, problem-solving, relationship-building, critical thinking, and collaboration.
- Learning through individual and group training to set individualized goals, and offer recommendations for renewal strategy, training, and systematic updates.
- Participating in training workshops held throughout the semester to provide feedback and learn from the internship supervisor, company mentors, senior leadership, and each other.
- Navigating the ins and outs of the CRM system and the proprietary bond product database.
What we’re looking for
- Availability to work multiple shifts/week between 8 AM and 6 PM CST Monday-Friday (no nights or weekends!)
- Commitment to consistently work a minimum of 15 hours/week up to a maximum of 20 hours/week
- Competitive individuals who have an internal passion, drive, and work ethic
- Goal-oriented producers who take pride in delivering tangible results
- Curious minds with an inherent eagerness to learn and adapt
Perks of Working at SuretyBonds.com
Account Assistant shifts are available for up to four hours per day between 8:00 AM through 6:00 PM Monday – Friday. Account Assistants create their own schedules on a first-come, first-served basis by choosing a minimum of 15 shifts/week with a maximum of 4 shifts (4 hours) worked/day.
Paid, Real-World Work Experience
Unpaid internships are the worst! If you’re looking to get your feet wet in your first office job but don’t want to sit in a silent cubicle, you’ve found the right place. Direct engagement is at the top of our list for day-to-day interactions and weekly one-on-one meetings as we all grow through education. This internship is an offshoot of our Customer Care team and interaction with the full-time staff is a daily occurrence. Account Assistants may attend monthly staff meetings and participate in cross-departmental trainings.
Fun and Casual Work Environment
Rock your flip flops year-round! If you like cheese puffs, bring enough to share. If you need a break, jump on over to our foosball table. We believe in working hard and playing hard.
Monthly Company Events
Whether it’s a pie tasting, happy hour, MLB game, or family picnic, enjoy getting to know your coworkers and network with professionals here in Columbia.
I think I'd be a good fit. How do I apply?
Send an email along with your resume to [email protected] and tell us why you want to join our team! Please include the position you’re interested in with your email.
Don’t wait to apply. Our internships are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
What are people saying about ?
"I loved my time as an account assistant at SuretyBonds.com. I learned all about bonds, renewals and sales. I gained valuable phone and customer service experience that I can take with me to any future job. I loved my time at SuretyBonds.com so much I am now a full-time employee!"
"From my first day, everyone in the office was invested in helping me learn and they treated me like I had worked with them for years. I've held two internship positions with the company and there hasn't been a day where I didn't learn something new."
SuretyBonds.com is an equal opportunity employer.