Assistant Bond Underwriter
Full-time, 40 hours/week
Hourly rate starts at $20-$24/hour commensurate with experience
Assistant Bond Underwriters underwrite applications by reviewing credit reports and other documentation to determine risk, rates, and surety bond premiums. As a member of the Operations Team, you will also review new account applications, execute contracts, process billing, and issue legal document change requests.
What We're Looking For
- Organizational and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Team orientated communication and problem solving
- Prior underwriting experience, preferably in the insurance industry
- Ability to recognize and mitigate risk confidently
It Would Be Great If You Have These Skills Already
- Office experience
- Data entry
- Adobe Editing
- Underwriting or finance experience
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree (not required)
- Evaluate risk to determine the best rate for the client
- Comprehending multiple industry rate manuals
- Reviewing credit reports and financial information in detail
- Review existing client accounts for annual renewal
- Issue bonds from various external insurance systems
- Submit applications to multiple underwriting companies
- Execute changes on legal documents
- Strong ability to consistently meet client needs
- Great interpersonal skills to benefit the team environment
Full benefits available
Flexible health, vision, and dental plans to help you be healthy.
Monthly company events
Whether it’s a pie tasting, happy hour, MLB game, or family picnic, enjoy getting to know co-workers.
Excellent 401k plan
Up to 6% matching to help secure your future!
Continue to learn and grow by taking advantage of our continued education program.
3 weeks paid time off every year
Take time to travel or catch up with loved ones. Try both simultaneously – if you dare!
Fun and casual work environment
Rock your flip flops year-round! If you like cheese puffs, bring enough to share.
I think I'd be a good fit. How do I apply?
Send an email along with your resume to [email protected] and tell us why you want to join our team! Please include the position you're interested in with your email.
SuretyBonds.com is an equal opportunity employer.