Assistant Bond Underwriter
Full-time, 40 hours/week
Hourly rate starts at $20-$24/hour commensurate with experience
Our Assistant Bond Underwriters work with our Production and Customer Care Teams to underwrite applications by reviewing credit reports and other documentation to determine risk, rates, and surety bond premiums. As a member of the Operations Team, you will also review new account applications, execute contracts, process billing, and issue legal document change requests. Assistant Bond Underwriters may be promoted to an Associate Bond Underwriter position if their work ethic and development warrants advancement.
What We're Looking For
- Ability to apply basic knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Good organizational and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prior underwriting experience, preferably in the insurance industry
It Would Be Great If You Have These Skills Already
- Insurance office experience
- Basic data entry
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree (not required)
These assignments are varied in nature and frequently nonroutine.
- Perform preliminary underwriting with supervision
- Execute bond paperwork without supervision
- Process payments without supervision
Full benefits available
Flexible health, vision, and dental plans to help you be healthy.
Monthly company events
Whether it’s a pie tasting, happy hour, MLB game, or family picnic, enjoy getting to know co-workers.
Excellent 401k plan
Up to 6% matching to help secure your future!
Continue to learn and grow by taking advantage of our continued education program.
3 weeks paid time off every year
Take time to travel or catch up with loved ones. Try both simultaneously – if you dare!
Fun and causual work environment
Rock your flip flops year-round! If you like cheese puffs, bring enough to share.
I think I'd be a good fit. How do I apply?
Send an email along with your resume to [email protected] and tell us why you want to join our team! Please include the position you're interested in with your email.
SuretyBonds.com is an equal opportunity employer.