Senior Full Stack Developer
Full or Part-time
Although our current opportunities might suggest we’re seeking to fill a specific niche role, we’re ultimately always looking for creative thought leaders who are eager to learn and adaptable to change. We’ve definitely been known to mold positions around awesome people simply because we think they’d be a great addition to our team. Even if you think you’re not a perfect fit for our Junior Full-Stack Developer position, we still encourage you to apply if:
- You’re passionate about developing, testing, and implementing software to improve systematic company efficiencies.
- You enjoy working autonomously as well as collaborating with team members when launching industry-leading user interfaces that maximize employee workflow.
- Most importantly, you understand the inherent value that comes along with questioning the status quo, which enables you to break down complicated concepts into simpler and easier processes.
If that sounds good to you, read on to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the needs we currently have.
SuretyBonds.com: Our Mission
Fast, easy, accurate – that’s the SuretyBonds.com approach to growing our business. Our official mission statement is to “provide efficient, innovative, and informed surety bond solutions nationwide.” This mindset is embodied by all employees across all company departments.
We’re currently working to perfect a direct-to-consumer model that’s unprecedented in the surety industry. To achieve this, we’re always looking for creative and thought-provoking individuals who can help us make the best even better.
You can learn more about our company here.
SuretyBonds.com: Our Team
One of our four company values is to “Put People First,” and we know this starts with our employees. SuretyBonds.com is propelled by moms and dads, recent college grads, veteran salespeople, tailgating enthusiasts, arts-and-craftsmen, semi-professional disc golfers, and a bacon-loving bulldog named Winston. We tend to think we’re pretty great, but don’t take our word for it. The Columbia Missouri Chamber of Commerce named SuretyBonds.com the city’s small business of the year in 2014.
You can get to know our individual team members here.
Interested in joining our team as a Junior Full-Stack Developer? Here’s what we’re looking for:
Required Skills/Experience With:
- Exceptional foosball skills (We suppose this CAN be taught…)
Preferred Skills/Interested in Learning:
- MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express, Angular.js, Node.js)
- Static site generators (We use Nanoc.)
- Microservice architecture
- Linux servers
- Mastery of competitive two-ball foosball (We’re not sure if we can teach this…)
What sort of schedule should I expect to work?
We’re pretty flexible. Our home office is open 7 AM to to 7 PM CST so our Production and Customer Care Teams can easily service clients nationwide. Development Team members typically work sometime between 8 AM and 6 PM.
We’re primarily seeking to fill full-time positions, but we’re also open to hiring students seeking part-time work. If this interests you, please let us know when applying.
What can I expect to earn?
Starting pay is negotiable and commensurate based on the skills and experience you would bring to our Development Team.
A few of our many company benefits include:
- 6% 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible health, vision and dental plans sponsored by the company
- Fun and casual work environment - no dress code!
- Monthly company events that foster camaraderie
You can find more information about additional company benefits and employee perks here.
I’m definitely interested! How do I apply?
Please email your resume to [email protected]om and tell us about yourself, your experience, which position you’re interested in, and why you think you’d be a great addition to the SuretyBonds.com team.
If possible, when reaching out to us please provide links to an online portfolio, GitHub account, apps you’ve previously worked on, completed school projects, etc. We want to see your skills in action!
SuretyBonds.com is an equal opportunity employer.