How much does an appraisal management company bond cost in Alaska?
The Alaska Board of Certified Real Estate Appraisers requires appraisal management companies to post surety bonds to legally operate within the state. The amount of the bond is set at $50,000, and the cost is subject to underwriting wherein an underwriter determines the cost based on the applicant’s qualifications.
Fill out our quick online bond request form or give us a call at 1 (800) 308-4358 to connect with a specialist today!
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost*|
|$50,000 Appraisal Management Company Bond||$50,000||Starts at $500||Apply Now|
If you’re ready to purchase your surety bond, submit a bond request today. One of our experts will personally contact you to walk you through our clear-cut bonding process. It’s that easy!
What does an appraisal management company do?
Alaska AMC bonds ensure that principals (appraisal management companies) perform all duties in full compliance with Senate Bill 155. This bond protects harmed parties from financial loss that results from the appraisal management company’s unlawful business practices.
Still have questions? Connect with an AMC bond expert today!
How long is the bond in effect?
Appraisal management company bonds in Alaska remain in full force and effect until canceled. The surety can cancel the bond at any time by giving 30 days’ written notice to both the AMC and the Alaska Board of Certified Real Estate Appraisers.
How to become an appraisal management company in Alaska
An appraisal management company may refer to any entity conducting the following activities:
- administering an appraiser panel
- selecting, recruiting and contracting real estate appraisers
- conducting reviews of completed appraisals before the appraisal delivery to a client
Appraisal management companies in Alaska cannot be owned (fully or partially) by any person that has had an appraisal license revoked, canceled or denied. AMCs cannot employ any appraiser who has had a license revoked or canceled. To become a licensed and/or certified appraiser in Alaska, applicants must:
- Apply for a Residential or General Real Estate Apraiser License with the State
- Successfully complete classroom instruction in subjects related to real estate appraisal, as required by the board in regulation, from an approved appraisal organization or academic institution
- Pass the examination prescribed by the board
- Not be convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude, a legal term meaning the individual has not violated an accepted standard of the community
- Pay all required fees associated with the license, including a $100 exam fee
Appraisal Management Company Bonds Nationwide
Many appraisal management companies are licensed to work in multiple states, meaning they are must adhere to different license and bonding requirements. For more information about appraisal management company bonds in other states, visit the SuretyBonds.com Guide to Appraisal Management Company Bonding or select a state from the list below to view each state’s AMC bond requirements.
Or, choose your state from the list below:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Ready to get started?
Take the first step toward becoming a registered AMC in ALaska by purchasing the surety bond you need instantly! Apply for a free, personalized bond quote today!