How much does a notary bond cost in Arkansas?
Notary publics in Arkansas must post a $7,500 surety bond.
SuretyBonds.com issues these bonds for just $50 for 10 years without Errors and Omissions Insurance and $130 for 10 years with Errors and Omissions Insurance! No credit check is required, so everyone pays the same low rate for their Arkansas notary bond. Fill out an online bond request or call 1 (800) 308-4358 to get bonded instantly!
You’ll pay as low as $50 for a 10-year Arkansas notary public surety bond when you work with SuretyBonds.com. Get bonded now!
Why do I need this bond?
Arkansas notary bonds ensure that the principal (notary) complies with Act 304 of 1989 and all other Arkansas laws. Notaries must witness a signature by:
- being present at the signing
- personally knowing the signer
- having proof to identify the signer
- recognizing a signature by virtue of familiarity
- and more
If a notary public fails to comply with any of the terms of the act and the surety bond contract, a claim can be filed against the bond. If the claim is validated, the surety underwriting company will cover all financial losses suffered by the state and general public up to the full bond amount. The notary must then reimburse the surety for all damages paid out.
What’s the fine print?
Arkansas notary public bonds have 10-year terms. Bonds can be renewed by filing an application with the Secretary of State’s Business and Commercial Services office.
This bond may be canceled by the surety at any time, but a written cancellation notice must be mailed to the Insurance Commissioner 60 days prior to the proposed termination date.
How to become a notary in Arkansas
The Arkansas Secretary of State requires a completed application, a $20 application fee and a $7,500 surety bond as part of the process to become a licensed notary public. Applicants for renewal notary public licenses must include their commission number on the application.
To be eligible to be a notary public, applicants must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States
- be a legal resident of Arkansas or of an adjoining state and employed in Arkansas
- be able to read and write English
- have not had a commission as a notary revoked during the past 10 years
- have never been convicted of a felony
- have reviewed the law concerning notaries public and understand the duties of a notary public
Pay just $50 for this 10-year bond. Submit a bond request to get bonded instantly!
Ready to get started?