How much do pest control company bonds cost in California?
The California Department of Consumer Affairs’ Structural Pest Control Board requires pest control companies to post $12,5000 surety bonds.
These bonds are subject to underwriting consideration, but SuretyBonds.com can issue your bond for as low as $125. Bad credit? No problem! Our experts have a history of helping 99% of all applicants purchase their bonds quickly, easily and inexpensively. What are you waiting for? Request your free bond quote now!
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost by Credit Score*|
|680 and up||679 - 600||599 or lower|
|Pest Control Company Registration Bond||$12,500||Starts at $125||$500-1,000||$1,250||Apply Now|
Ready to purchase your California surety bond? Let our experts do all of the hard work for you! Call 1 (800) 308-4358 or click here to get started.
Why do I need this bond?
By posting a California exterminator company surety bond, principals (pest control companies) pledge to do the following:
- conduct business in compliance with the provisions of Division 3, Chapter 14 of the Business and Professions Code of the State of California
- reimburse any person who is damaged by the company’s fraud, dishonesty or general noncompliance with the above listed terms
We can provide your free, no-obligation surety bond quote within 1 business day of submitting your application. Apply now!
What’s the fine print?
California pest control company bonds remain in full force and effect until canceled. The surety can cancel the bond in accordance with the provisions of Section 996.320 of the Code of Civil Procedure.
How to become a pest control company in California
To legally conduct business as a pest control company in California, applicants must first obtain a license. Pest control business licenses run on cycles of 2 years, and the expiration date depends on the first letter of the business name. A-L licenses expire on December 31 of even-numbered years, while M-Z licenses expire on December 31 of odd-numbered years. Requirements to become a legally licensed pest control company in California include:
- obtaining a $12,500 surety bond
- completing a pest control business license application
- filing a fictitious business name statement
- acquiring a certificate of good standing
- maintaining a valid worker’s compensation insurance policy
- paying the $160 application fee
- and more
To retain your license, you must:
- maintain pest control application records for 2 years
- record pesticide use for 2 years
- submit pesticide use reports to county agricultural commissioner’s office
- have valid permits for use of restricted materials
- and more
For license renewals, pest control companies must complete a pest control business renewal application and pay the renewal fee of $320 and $160 per each additional branch. These materials must be submitted by December 31.
Take the first step toward becoming licensed in California by purchasing the surety bond you need! Our experts do all of the hard work for you so that you can focus on what you do best: running your business.
Ready to get started?