$10,000 Licensed Outfitter Bond
Purchase your bond instantly online when you choose one of the 3 term options below. Save time and money by extending your bond term. Choosing a longer term now means you pay 25% less for your bond each year and forego the annual renewal process.
1 year term
2 year term - save $25.00!
3 year term - save $50.00!
Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.
We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.
We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.
How much does a $10,000 registered outfitter bond cost in Colorado?
A $10,000 Colorado registered outfitter bond costs $100 and is available online instantly. A multi-year discount is available. Simply click Buy Now to purchase your bond safely and securely directly from our site. In just a few minutes, you can be on your way to getting bonded as a registered outfitter in Colorado.
Why do I need a licensed outfitter bond in Colorado?
The Division of Professions and Occupations - Office of Licensing requires outfitters to submit a $10,000 surety bond prior to registration.
By posting a surety bond, wildlife and fishing guides in Colorado pledge to comply with all of the requirements of the laws of the State of Colorado respecting the registration of outfitters stated in Article 55.5, Title 2 of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
Additional details on licensed outfitter bonds in Colorado
Colorado registered outfitter surety bonds can be continued from year to year by obtaining a continuation certificate issued by the surety and delivering it to the Colorado Office of Outfitters Registration. The surety can terminate the bond by giving the outfitter and the Office of Outfitters Registration written notice of cancellation 30 days prior to the desired termination date.
If the applicant is a part of a corporation, the surety bond must be issued to the business entity. If the applicant is a partnership, the surety bond must name all of the partners.
How to become a registered outfitter in Colorado
Along with submitting a surety bond, applicants in Colorado must meet the following requirements to become a registered outfitter:
- Complete application as an individual or as an outfitter business.
- Pay the nonrefundable application processing fee.
- Provide documentation of any name change for responsible party and/or any business name change.
- Complete a list of all officers, directors, members, partners, owners of least 10% of the entity, and others with managing or controlling authority.
- Provide proof of insurance coverage in the amount of $50,000 for bodily injury to one person in any single accident and $100,000 for bodily injury to all persons in any single accident.
- Provide proof of first aid training for guides. Every guide for the business must possess a valid instructor’s card in first aid or standard first aid card issued by the American Red Cross or evidence of equivalent training.
All Colorado outfitter registrations expire on March 31 each year and must be renewed to continue practicing.
Ready to get started?
Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert today.