1 (800) 308-4358

Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CST

Choose Bond
Enter Info
Receive Quote
generic bond icon

Connecticut Alcoholic Beverage Distributor Bond

Select Bond For Price
Want your bond emailed to you Friday, Mar. 24? Buy your bond within 20 hrs 58 min!


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

How much does an alcoholic beverage distributor bond cost in Connecticut?

Connecticut’s Department of Revenue Services requires distributors of alcoholic beverages to post surety bonds prior to conducting business. Applicants who produce 100,000 gallons of wine or less must post $500 bonds, while applicants who produce more than 100,000 gallons of wine must post $2,000 bonds. When renewing their surety bond, applicants should verify their required bond amount with the state, as the amount is based on the previous year’s return.

Alcoholic beverage distributor bonds for new licensees are issued instantly starting at $100; however, the exact premium may be prorated. Renewal bonds are also issued instantly at a rate of $12 per $1,000 of coverage, with a minimum premium of $100.

Bond Type
$500Alcoholic Beverage Distributor BondNew Business - Produce less than 100,000 gallons of wine
$2,001-$10,000Alcoholic Beverage Distributor BondRenewal Business - based on previous year's return
$2,000Alcoholic Beverage Distributor BondNew Business - Produce more than 100,000 gallons of wine

*The bond premium rate quotes provided to you through this website are for pricing comparisons and quotation estimate purposes only. The bond rate quotes provided are based on general assumptions that may or may not be applicable to you and are subject to change at any time. These rate quotes do not constitute an offer of insurance, nor is any contract, agreement, or bond coverage implied, formed, or bound by the provision of rate quotes. Bondability, final bond premium rate quotes, and an offer of insurance, if any, will be determined by the insurance company providing your bond. You must contact us directly to obtain a quote for binding purposes.

Get bonded quickly and easily when you work with the experts at SuretyBonds.com! Call 1 (800) 308-4358 or submit an online bond request to get started.

The importance of a Connecticut alcohol tax bond

By posting a Connecticut alcoholic beverage distributor bond, principals (distributors) guarantee to pay all taxes and fees imposed by state or local laws. If distributors commit fraud or other damaging acts, such as falsifying records of sale or failing to pay requisite taxes on prior sales, this bond ensures that consumers and the state will be protected from any financial losses up to the full bond amount. The surety will initially compensate harmed parties, but the principal must reimburse the surety for all damages paid out.

Getting bonded is fast and easy when you work with the experts at SuretyBonds.com!

Alcoholic beverage distributor bond renewal

Alcoholic beverage distributor bonds in Connecticut must be renewed each year on or before June 30 for as long as the distributor wishes to hold a license. Completed bond forms must be mailed to:

State of Connecticut

Department of Revenue Services

P.O. Box 2937

Hartford, CT 06104-2937

How to become an alcoholic beverage distributor in Connecticut

To legally distribute wine and other alcoholic beverages in Connecticut, a prospective distributor must obtain a permit issued by the Department of Consumer Protection. He or she must also:

  1. Apply for state licensing as an alcoholic beverage distributor.
  2. Register for a sales tax permit.
  3. File a surety bond in the correct amount.

Both the sales tax permit and the alcoholic beverage distributor license will be issued by the Department of Revenue Services.

Take the first step toward becoming licensed in Connecticut by purchasing your surety bond now!

Ready to get started?

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert