$10,000 Athlete Agent Bond
Purchase your bond instantly online when you choose one of the 3 term options below. Save time and money by extending your bond term. Choosing a longer term now means you pay 25% less for your bond each year and forego the annual renewal process.
1 year term
2 year term - save $25.00!
3 year term - save $50.00!
Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.
We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.
We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.
How much does an athlete agent bond cost in Georgia?
The Georgia Athlete Agent Regulatory Commission requires athlete agents to post $10,000 surety bonds.
Georgia Athlete Agent surety bonds cost just $100 and are issued instantly. Simply click Buy Now below to visit our secure bond checkout to purchase your bond online today. In just a few minutes, you can be on your way to being bonded as an Athlete Agent in Georgia.
If you’re ready to become bonded quickly, easily and accurately, call SuretyBonds.com at 1 (800) 308-4358, or click here to fill out an online bond request form now. We can typically provide your free, no-obligation bond quote within 1 business day of submitting your application.
Why do I need this bond?
Georgia athlete agent bonds protect athletic departments that suffer financial loss as a result of the principal’s (athlete agent’s) unlawful and unethical business practices. Specifically, the bond ensures that athlete agents comply with the provisions of O.C.G.A. 43-4A-14.
What’s the fine print?
If more than one athletic department suffers damages as a result of the principal’s actions, each athletic department will receive a prorated share of the bond amount for every athlete who loses his or her eligibility to participate in intercollegiate sports contests as a member of a sports team at an institution of higher education due to the principal’s actions.
This bond will run continuously, in full force and effect, unless terminated or canceled. The Georgia Athlete Agent Regulatory Commission reserves the right to terminate the bond at any time by giving written notice of such termination to the surety.
How to become an athlete agent in Georgia
To legally pursue the acts of an athlete agent in Georgia, the applicant must register with the Secretary of State and submit an authorized application form. Information to be provided on the application includes, but is not limited to:
- the name of the applicant and the address of the applicant’s residence and principal place of business
- the name of the applicant’s business or employer (if applicable)
- any business or occupation engaged in by the applicant during the 5 years preceding the application’s submission date
- a description of the applicant’s formal training and practical experience as an athlete agent, as well as educational background relating to the applicant’s activities as an athlete agent
- the names and addresses of 3 individuals not related to the applicant to serve as references
- the name, sport and last known team for each individual that the applicant acted as an agent for
Ready to get started?
Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert today.