Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.
We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.
We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.
How much does a Bolingbrook Illinois contractor bond cost?
Bolingbrook Illinois contractor license bond costs start at $100. Your personal surety bond cost will be based on the bond amount required by the village, which is calculated at 10% of the total cost of all materials and labor necessary to perform the desired task. Note the village requires a minimum $20,000 surety bond amount.
How do you get a contractor bond in Bolingbrook Illinois?
You can purchase your Bolingbrook contractor bond online 24/7. You'll need to provide your contractor name and license type for Building Division filing approval. Once your payment has been processed, your official building permit bond will be emailed to you instantly.
How fast can you get a contractor license surety bond?
SuretyBonds.com offers instant emailed Bolingbrook Illinois contractor license bond delivery 24/7. Purchase your construction work bond online now to receive your official bond delivered in minutes by email.
*Note: If your bond amount is higher than $25,000, your purchase order will be reviewed by a team member before your documents are emailed.
What is a Bolingbrook Illinois contractor bond?
Bolingbrook Code of Ordinances Section 10-19 requires individuals file a minimum $20,000 surety bond before being granted a contractor's permit to perform construction work. Village ordinances require this bond to ensure contractors comply with all Bolingbrook regulations and requirements that regulate structures, especially as it pertains to building codes and contractor registration.
What does a contractor license bond protect against?
If a licensed contractor fails to comply with Bolingbrook village ordinances, building code or other regulations, the bond protects the village and its citizens from resulting losses, costs, damages, expenses, or liability. The issuing surety company will pay valid claims up to the full surety bond amount, which the licensed contractor must reimburse.
Who is required to have a contractor bond in Bolingbrook?
Bolingbrook Ordinance 10.19 states that no person, firm, or partnership can install, superintend, maintain, or repair any construction work without first holding a current contractor registration, which requires a building permit fee and surety bond be filed with the village.
The Bolingbrook Code of Ordinances specifically lists the following occupations that must be registered with the village.
- general contractor
- electrical contractor
- heating/air conditioning contractor
- mechanical contractors
- plumbers/plumbing contractor
Who issues contractor registration in Bolingbrook?
The Bolingbrook Building Division regulates contractor registration for the village. If you have questions about building codes or licensing requirements, you can contact the Division by calling 1(630)226-8470.
Bolingbrook requires this bond for village contractor licensing. If you work as a contractor in other cities or counties, we also offer Illinois contractor license bond types across the state.
How do you update or change your contractor bond form?
If the Bolingbrook Building Division requires your contractor bond form be updated, contact your surety company. If you purchased your bond from SuretyBonds.com, email [email protected] to explain the needed change. The most common changes are updating your licensed contractor name to match your existing business license or new permit application.
How do I renew my Illinois contractor bond?
You must renew your Bolingbrook construction bond before its current term expires. Once you pay your SuretyBonds.com renewal invoice, instructions will be provided to keep your bond active for your next Bolingbrook contractor registration term.
How do you become a licensed contractor in Bolingbrook Illinois?
Complete the following steps to apply to become a general contractor in Bolingbrook.
- Submit your Application for Bolingbrook Contractor Registration with all required personal information.
- Pay the $260 general contractor fee.
- Purchase and file a surety bond amount for 10% of the total cost of all material and labor necessary to perform the desired task (minimum $20,000).
- Provide a certificate of general liability insurance with $100,000 for bodily injury, $300,000 for each occurrence, and $25,000 for property damage.
Complete these additional steps to apply to become a plumbing contractor in Bolingbrook.
- Verify if Bolingbrook will allow you to register by reciprocity if the plumbing inspector approves your original licensing procedure completed elsewhere.
- Pay the $160 subcontractor fee.
- File a valid and current Illinois plumbing contractor's registration card with the village.
- File a valid and current Illinois plumbing license with the village.
Complete these additional steps to apply to become an electrical contractor in Bolingbrook.
- Be approved by the building commissioner as having at least 5 years experience as a journeyman electrician and passing the required testing for electrical contractors.
- Pay the $160 subcontractor fee.
- Verify if Bolingbrook will allow you to register by reciprocity if the electrical inspector approves your original licensing procedure completed elsewhere.