Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.
We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.
We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.
How much does a Cicero Illinois contractor bond cost?
The Cicero Illinois contractor license bond costs $100 annually for all contractor license classifications. You can save money by choosing our multi-year discount to extend your Cicero contractor license bond term during checkout!
How do you get a contractor bond in Cicero Illinois?
You can purchase your Cicero construction bond online 24/7. You'll need to provide your contractor name and license type for Business License Department filing approval. Once your payment has been processed, your official contractor license bond will be emailed to you instantly.
How fast can I get a contractor license surety bond?
SuretyBonds.com offers instant emailed Cicero Illinois contractor license bond delivery 24/7. Purchase your construction surety bond online now to receive your official bond delivered in minutes by email.
What is a Cicero Illinois contractor bond?
Cicero Code of Ordinances Division 3 Section 26-101 (13) requires individuals file a $10,000 surety bond with their contractor license application before working as a specialty or general contractor in the Cicero area. (If you work as an excavation, wrecking, tank installer, or demolition contractor, you need a $20,000 surety bond amount.) This bond is required to guarantee contractors comply with professional regulation as outlined in city code when performing construction work.
What does a contractor license bond protect against?
If the city or a client suffers damage due to a contractor's noncompliance, their issuing surety company will pay valid claims up to their full $10,000 or $20,000 surety bond amount, which the contractor must reimburse.
Who regulates contractors in Cicero Illinois?
The Town of Cicero Business License Department regulates contractor licensing for those working in the Cicero area. If you have questions about building codes or license and bond requirements, you can contact the Cicero Business License Department by calling 1(708)656-3600 Ext. 295 or by submitting your contact information on the city's online contact form.
Cicero requires this bond for local contractor licensing. If you work as a contractor in a city or county in the surrounding area, we offer other Illinois contractor license bond types across the state.
Who needs a contractor bond in Cicero Illinois?
If you work in the following construction trades, Cicero Code of Ordinances requires you to purchase and file this Illinois surety bond for licensing before beginning construction work in the city.
- general contractor
- air conditioning, heating, ventilation, or refrigeration installations
- antenna installation
- asbestos/lead abatement and removal
- board up services
- boring (includes boring for utilities)
- building clean out/tear out
- carpet installation and cleaning
- cement work
- commercial concrete boring and cutting
- commercial and industrial janitorial services (excludes home cleaning services)
- crane operator and dynamic impaction
- elevator installation
- environmental remediation/abatement
- excavating, demolition and wrecking
- exterminators and pest control
- fencing installation
- fire and ansel contractor
- floor covering sales and installation
- garage door installation
- heating and air conditioning
- hood and duct cleaners (commercial)
- landscaping services
- low voltage electrician (low voltage, data cables, and alarm systems)
- metal decking installer
- painting and/or decorating
- pavement striping
- plastering and lathing
- power washing (building cleaning, no acid wash)
- roofing and insulation
- sewer and drain
- sheet metal/duct work contractors
- siding and gutter installation and repair
- sign installer, erector and repairer
- soil testing/environmental work
- sprinkler or fire suppression system installers
- structural iron work
- tank lining contractor
- tile, marble or mosaic work
- tree trimming/cutters
- underground storage tank installation and removal
- water proofing
- window washing and installation
How do you update or change your contractor bond form?
If the Cicero Business License Department requires your contractor license bond form be updated, contact your surety company. If you purchased your bond from SuretyBonds.com, email [email protected] to explain the needed change. The most common changes requested are updating your personal information to match your new permit application or existing contractor license.
How do I renew my Cicero Illinois contractor bond?
You'll need to renew your Cicero construction bond before its current term expires. Once you pay your SuretyBonds.com renewal invoice, instructions will be provided to keep your surety bond active for your next Cicero contractor license term.
How do you become a licensed contractor in Cicero Illinois?
Complete the steps below to apply for your Cicero Illinois contractor licensing.
- Fill out your Town of Cicero New Business Contractor License Application.
- Purchase and file your surety bond in the amount required for your license classification.
- Provide your business location for zoning approval.
- Undergo a property inspection and complete repairs for any issues or damage found.
- Provide an annual report or accepted documentation with all corporate officers listed.
- Upload your Illinois Business Tax Number.
- Provide proof of your real estate tax payment.
- Pay your license fee.