How much does a bail enforcement agency bond cost in Iowa?
The Iowa Department of Public Safety requires bail enforcement agencies in the state to be bonded for $5,000.
SuretyBonds.com offers Iowa bail enforcement agency bonds for different costs depending on each applicant’s credit report. Bad credit? No problem! The experts at Suretybonds.com work hard to get all applicants bonded quickly, easily and accurately.
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost by Credit Score*|
|680 and up||679 - 600||599 or lower|
|Bail Enforcement Agency Bond||$5,000||Starts at $100||$200-$400||$500+||Apply Now|
Call SuretyBonds.com at 1 (800) 308-4358, or fill out an online bond request form now. One of our surety experts will contact you right away to walk you through our fast and easy bonding process.
Why do I need this bond?
Bail enforcement agency surety bonds in Iowa are put in place to ensure that principals (bail enforcement agencies and the officers they employ) faithfully perform the duties entrusted to them and comply with all laws and ordinances pertaining to the license or permit applied for. Specifically, this surety bond holds principals to the standards set in Iowa Code Chapter 80A.
What’s the fine print?
Iowa bail enforcement agency bonds remain continuous until canceled. The surety can cancel the bond at any time by giving written notice by certified mail to the Commissioner of Public Safety at the Department of Public Safety Building in Des Moines, Iowa, and the principal at the address given. Cancellation goes into effect 30 days after the receipt of said notice.
How to become a bail enforcement agency in Iowa
To become licensed as a bail enforcement agency in Iowa, applicants must submit the following materials:
- a separate application (PD1) for each individual, partner, association member or corporation
- two fingerprint cards, which can be obtained from the Public Safety Department
- two color photos (size 1” x 1”) of the head and shoulders of the applicant
- the required fees ($100 for each license requested, $30 for each set of fingerprint cards submitted, $10 for each identification card requested)
- a surety bond in the amount of $5,000
- proof of financial responsibility
- and more
Complete licensing information can be accessed from the Important Links section of this page.
Ready to get started?