How much does a security agency bond cost in Iowa?
The Iowa Department of Public Safety requires private security agencies to post $5,000 surety bonds.
SuretyBonds.com issues these bonds for just $100! No credit check is required, so everyone qualifies for this low, flat rate. Ready to get bonded instantly? Click here!
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost*|
|Private Security Agency Bond||$5,000||$100||Buy Now|
Get bonded instantly for just $100 when you work with SuretyBonds.com. Call 1 (800) 308-4358, or submit an online bond request to get bonded!
Why do I need this bond?
By posting a private security agency bond in Iowa, the principal (security agency) pledges to perform all duties according to the laws and ordinances of the state. If the agency conducts business unlawfully, the bond protects consumers and the state from financial loss.
We offer this surety bond instant issue, which means there’s no credit check required. Get bonded now for just $100!
What’s the fine print?
Iowa private security agency bonds remain in full force and effect until terminated by its provisions. The surety can cancel the bond and future liability by giving written notice of cancellation to the Commissioner of Public Safety’s office in Des Moines, Iowa. Cancellation goes into effect 30 days from the receipt of this notice.
This bond form is used for private investigative agencies, private security agencies and bail enforcement agencies, so applicants should be sure to indicate the appropriate license type.
How to become a private security agency in Iowa
To become a licensed private security agency in Iowa, applicants must submit the following materials:
- a completed application form (PD1) for each individual, partner, association member or corporation
- two fingerprint cards (FD258), which can be obtained from Public Safety
- two color photos (size 1” by 1”) of the head and shoulders of the applicant
- $100 fee for each license requested
- $30 for each set of fingerprint cards submitted
- $10 for each identification card requested
- surety bond in the appropriate amount ($5,000 for a bail enforcement, private investigative agency or private security agency license; $10,000 for more than one type of license)
- proof of financial responsibility
- pictures, photo copies or physical descriptions of all uniforms, badges, insignia, patches and hats
- and more
Complete licensing information can be accessed via the Important Links section of this page.
Ready to get started?