How much does a security agency bond cost in Iowa?
Iowa private security or investigative agency bonds and bail enforcement agency bonds are issued instantly for $100. Applicants wishing to receive only one license type need a $5,000 bond, while those needing multiple license types must get a $10,000 bond.
Simply click Buy Now to visit our secure bond checkout where you can buy your bond in just a few minutes. Take the first steps to getting bonded as an Iowa private security, investigative, or bail agency today.
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost|
|$5,000 Private Security, Investigative, or Bail Enforcement Agency Bond single license type||$5,000||$100|
|$10,000 Private Security, Investigative, or Bail Enforcement Agency Bond multiple license types||$10,000||$100|
Why do I need this bond?
The Iowa Department of Public Safety requires private security agencies, investigative agencies, and bail enforcement agencies to post $5,000 or $10,000 surety bonds.
By posting a private security agency bond in Iowa, the principal pledges to perform all duties according to the laws and ordinances of the state. If the agency conducts business unlawfully, the bond protects consumers and the state from financial loss.
What’s the fine print?
Iowa private security agency bonds remain in full force and effect until terminated. The surety can cancel the bond and future liability by giving written notice of cancellation to the Commissioner of Public Safety’s office in Des Moines, Iowa. Cancellation goes into effect 30 days from the receipt of this notice.
A single bond form is used for private investigative agencies, private security agencies, and bail enforcement agencies so applicants should be sure to indicate the appropriate license type.
How to become a private security, investigative agency, or bail enforcement agency in Iowa
To become a licensed private security agency in Iowa, applicants must submit the following materials:
- Completed application form (PD1) for each individual, partner, association member or corporation
- Two fingerprint cards (FD258), which can be obtained from Public Safety
- Two color photos (size 1” by 1”) of the head and shoulders of applicant
- $100 fee for each license requested
- $30 for each set of fingerprint cards submitted
- $10 for each identification card requested
- Surety bond in appropriate amount
- Proof of financial responsibility
- Pictures, photo copies or physical descriptions of all uniforms, badges, insignia, patches and hats