1 (800) 308-4358
Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CST
  1. 1. Choose A State
  2. 2. Choose A Bond
  3. 3. Enter Your Contact Info
  4. 4. Receive Your Free Quote

Kansas Vegetation Management Control Bond

How much does a vegetation management control bond cost in Kansas?

The Kansas Department of Transportation’s Bureau of the Right of Way and Outdoor Advertising requires vegetation management control professionals to post $10,000 surety bonds.

These bonds are subject to underwriting, which means the amount you’ll pay depends on a review of your personal credit report. Don’t let less-than-stellar financial credentials stop you from getting the surety bond you need! SuretyBonds.com offers an exclusive bad credit bonding program through which we approve 99% of applicants. Request a free bond quote now!

Bond Type Bond Amount Cost by Credit Score*
680 and up 679 - 600 599 or lower
Vegetation Management Control Bond $10,000 Starts at $100 $400-800 $1,000+ Apply Now
*The bond premium rate quotes provided to you through this website are for pricing comparisons and quotation estimate purposes only. The bond rate quotes provided are based on general assumptions that may or may not be applicable to you and are subject to change at any time. These rate quotes do not constitute an offer of insurance, nor is any contract, agreement, or bond coverage implied, formed or bound by the provision of rate quotes. Bondability, final bond premium rate quotes and an offer of insurance, if any, will be determined by the insurance company providing your bond. You must contact us directly to obtain a quote for binding purposes.

If you’re ready to be bonded, give us a call at 1 (800) 308-4358 or fill out an online bond request form now. It’s as simple as that!

Why do I need this bond?

By purchasing a vegetation management control bond in Kansas, principals (vegetation management professionals) pledge to perform all job responsibilities according to the law. Specifically, the bond protects the state from financial loss that occurs as a result of the principal’s unethical or unlawful business practices.

When you work with SuretyBonds.com, you can get a free, no-obligation bond quote within 1 business day of applying. Apply now!

What’s the fine print?

There is no specific bond form designated for vegetation management control surety bonds in Kansas. Instead, our experts have been instructed by the state to use the Kansas generic license and permit bond form.

How to become a vegetation management control professional

No person is legally allowed to trim, prune, cut or remove trees, shrubs or any other plants on state highways or right-of-way road features or make off-premise outdoor advertising signs visible in Kansas without obtaining a permit to do so. Applications must be submitted by the outdoor advertising sign license holder/sign owner. The following materials must be submitted with the application:

  • the Cut Zone Inventory Sheet
  • color photographs of the entire Sign Cut Zone and sign showing advertising message taken within 4 weeks of application submission
  • name and copy of certification number of person responsible for chemical use, if applicable
  • $10,000 performance surety bond
  • proof of required insurance
  • $250 application fee

For more information regarding permits, visit the Additional Resources section of this page. Take the first step toward getting licensed by purchasing the surety bond you need.

Ready to get started?

Get a FREE Vegetation Management Control Bond Quote Today!

Additional Resources

State of Kansas Department of Transportation Application/Permit for Vegetation Management for Outdoor Advertising Signs

Kansas Department of Transportation Policy on Vegetation Management for Outdoor Advertising Signs

Kansas Department of Transportation Bureau of Right of Way Vegetation Management for Outdoor Advertising Signs

Kansas Department of Transportation Vegetation Management for Outdoor Advertising Getting Started Information

Overnight Shipping
50,000 Satisfied
Customers Nationwide
No Hidden Fees