How much does a Kentucky lottery retailer bond cost?
The cost of a Kentucky lottery retailer surety bond varies depending on the amount of the bond required by the Kentucky Lottery Corporation. However, applicants who are determined to be highly qualified by an underwriter are typically approved for 1-3% of their total bond amount. For example, a $25,000 lottery retailer bond could cost between $250 and $750.
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost*|
|Varies Lottery Retailer Bond||Varies||Starts at 1%||GET A QUOTE|
Why do I need this bond?
Kentucky lottery retailer surety bonds assure the Kentucky Lottery Corporation that the retailer will adhere to all applicable rules and regulations. Responsibilities of a Kentucky lottery retailer include but are not limited to the following:
- compliance with laws, rules, and regulations
- release and indemnification of the Kentucky Lottery Corporation
- sell and cash all valid tickets in a convenient and accessible manner
- train all retailer personnel
- maintain current and accurate accounting records
- notify the Kentucky Lottery Corporation
- securely store unsold tickets
- adhere to promotion, ticket, and game end date policies
- report loss, destruction, or theft of tickets
Have a specific question about this surety bond? Reach out to our experts. Get started now!
What’s the fine print?
A Kentucky lottery retailer surety bond is valid for one year after the effective date. Renewals should be done after the re-licensing application has been filed with the state and an updated surety bond amount has been obtained.
Ready to get started?