Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.
We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.
We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.
How much does a Kentucky lottery retailer bond cost?
The cost of a Kentucky lottery retailer surety bond varies depending on the bond amount required by the Kentucky Lottery Corporation. However, applicants who are determined to be highly qualified by an underwriter are typically approved for 1% to 10% of their total bond amount. For example, a $5,000 lottery retailer bond could cost between $100 and $500.
Why do I need this bond?
Kentucky lottery retailer surety bonds assure the Kentucky Lottery Corporation that the retailer will adhere to all applicable rules and regulations. Responsibilities of a Kentucky lottery retailer include but are not limited to the following:
- compliance with laws, rules, and regulations
- release and indemnification of the Kentucky Lottery Corporation
- sell and cash all valid tickets in a convenient and accessible manner
- train all retailer personnel
- maintain current and accurate accounting records
- notify the Kentucky Lottery Corporation
- securely store unsold tickets
- adhere to promotion, ticket, and game end date policies
- report loss, destruction, or theft of tickets
Have a specific question about this surety bond? Reach out to our experts. Get started now!
What’s the fine print?
A Kentucky lottery retailer surety bond is valid for one year after the effective date. Renewals should be done after the re-licensing application has been filed with the state and an updated surety bond amount has been obtained.
How to become a Kentucky lottery retailer
By becoming a lottery retailer in Kentucky, you will have the opportunity to bring more income to your business and increase store traffic. To become a Kentucky lottery retailer, applicants must:
- Fill out the Request for Lottery form.
- Complete the Retailer License Agreement and Application for Retailer License with the Kentucky Lottery Corporation, agreeing to adhere to the retailer regulations.
- Pay the $250 application fee and $100 fee per new retail outlet for an existing chain retailer as applicable.
- Keep retailers’ accounts with the KLC credited by the KLC in accordance with its retailer compensation policies.
- Conduct criminal, financial, and other background investigations in accordance with Section 5 of 202 KAR 3:030.
Retailers will also receive 5% commission on the sale of lottery products, a 1% cashing bonus, and a 1% selling bonus for validated tickets over $600.