Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.
We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.
We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.
How much does a lottery agency bond cost in Maryland?
Maryland lottery agency surety bonds are required by the State of Maryland Lottery Agency. The required amounts of these bonds vary based on the amount of lottery tickets sold last year in the lottery retailer’s district. Your exact bond cost is subject to underwriting consideration, including a review of your credit report.
Because both the bond amount and price of this bond varies on a case-by-case basis, it’s best to call SuretyBonds.com at 1 (800) 308-4358 to speak with our team directly. You can also fill out our easy online contact form. Our experts are dedicated to getting you the bond you need quickly, easily, accurately, and for the best price possible.
If you’re ready to get bonded, call SuretyBonds.com or fill out our online bond request form. You’ll be connected with an expert surety specialist who will help you through each step of the easy bonding process!
Why do I need this bond?
This specific bond ensures that principals (lottery retailers) will pay all taxes and fees owed to the state on time and in full. If a lottery retailer fails to pay all of the appropriate tariffs and a claim is brought against the bond, the surety will compensate the state for all taxes owed. The lottery retailer is then responsible for reimbursing the surety for all amounts paid out.
Specifically, Maryland lottery agency surety bonds require all lottery retailers to abide by the rules and regulations set by the Maryland Lottery Agency.
Our experts understand these surety bond terms and are ready to answer all of your questions. Fill out an online surety bond request, and one of our specialists will contact you right away to begin your bond application.
What’s the fine print?
The bond can be issued for a specific term, or it can be issued to remain in effect continuously until canceled. The state requires at least 60 days’ notice from the surety company if the bond were to be canceled.
How to become a lottery agency in Maryland
When filling out your licensing application, be ready to provide all of the following information:
- business address
- name of business and line of work
- estimated weekly floor traffic
- business hours
- identification of all partners and stockholders
- if any officer of your business has ever been charged with a criminal offense
The Maryland Lottery Commission reserves the right to revoke a license if incorrect information is knowingly entered on the license application.
Lottery retailers must also agree to:
- provide all required claim services and payment of all valid winners
- not sell to any customers under 18 years of age
- complete claim forms in the case of jackpot winners
- avoid financial bankruptcy
- maintain current and accurate records of sales and payouts related to lottery services for no less than 3 years
- not be in the sole business of selling lottery tickets
- provide electrical service for all lottery equipment
- give at least 30 days’ notice of intent to cease business operations, cease lottery services, move locations or change in ownership
Ready to get the Maryland lottery bond you need? Start here!
Ready to get started?
Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert today.