How much does an auctioneer bond cost in Massachusetts?
Massachusetts auctioneer bonds are required by the State of Massachusetts Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation’s Deputy Director of Standards in the amount of $10,000.
SuretyBonds.com can issue these bonds instantly for just $100! There’s no credit check required, so everyone qualifies right away for this low rate. Submit a bond request to connect with our team of experts!
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost*|
|Auctioneer Bond||$10,000||$100||Buy Now|
If you’re ready to get bonded, call SuretyBonds.com at 1 (800) 308-4358 or submit a request online! We can get you the Massachusetts auction company bond you need instantly for just $100.
Why do I need this bond?
Auctioneer bonds in Massachusetts exist to protect customers and the state from any illegal acts an auctioneer might commit. Specifically, this bond type ensures that auctioneers will pay any and all fines or penalties incurred by him or her through violation of the provisions of Chapter 100 of the Massachusetts General Laws and any amendments thereof. Some violations include:
- selling or offering to sell auction goods known to be owned by a minor
- advertising an auction or goods for sale without including the number of the license issued by the deputy director as part of the advertisement
- falsely representing the origin or circumstances under which goods were acquired
- employing or allowing any person to act as a “capper” or “by bidder” at an auction
- and more
Pay just $100 for a Massachusetts auctioneer surety bond when you work with SuretyBonds.com! Click here to get started.
What’s the fine print?
Massachusetts auctioneer bonds are continuous until canceled. If the surety chooses to cancel this bond or if the auctioneer’s business license is terminated, notice must be given to the Acting Deputy Director of Standards 60 days prior to the termination date.
How to become an auctioneer in Massachusetts
Posting a Massachusetts auctioneer surety bond is only the first step toward becoming a licensed auctioneer. Multiple requirements must be met when sending in your application, including:
- being at least 18 years of age
- passing the required written exam
- posting a $10,000 surety bond
- paying a $100 licensing fee
- submitting two letters of recommendation signed by licensed auctioneers, members of the Massachusetts Bar or elected officials
- and more
Submit a bond request to get bonded instantly! You’ll pay just $100 for this bond when you work with SuretyBonds.com.
Ready to get started?