$3,000 Employment Agency Bond
Purchase your bond instantly online when you choose one of the 3 term options below. Save time and money by extending your bond term. Choosing a longer term now means you pay 25% less for your bond each year and forego the annual renewal process.
1 year term
2 year term - save $25.00!
3 year term - save $50.00!
Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.
We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.
We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.
How much does a $3,000 employment agency bond cost in Massachusetts?
Massachusetts employment agency surety bonds cost $100. Simply click Buy Now to purchase your bond online using our secure bond checkout. In just a few minutes, you can be on your way to getting bonded as an employment agency in Massachusetts.
Why do I need an employment agency bond?
Employment agency bonds are required by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development in the amount of $3,000.
By posting a Massachusetts employment agency bond, agencies guarantee their compliance with the rules, laws, and regulations stated in the Massachusetts General Laws.
If an employment agency fails to comply with these terms, the surety will pay harmed parties for damages and losses up to the penal sum of the bond. The agency, in turn, must reimburse the surety for all damages paid out.
To determine whether your agency is considered an employment agency in Massachusetts, please review the definitions the state has laid forth.
Considerations for Massachusetts employment agency bonds
Massachusetts employment agency bonds expire at the same time the agency’s license is surrendered, terminated through non-renewal, or revoked by the Department of Labor Standards. If the surety chooses to cancel this bond prior to expiration, written notice must be given to the agency and the Massachusetts Department of Labor Standards via registered mail 60 days prior to the proposed expiration date.
How to become a licensed employment agency in Massachusetts
1. Visit the ePLACE site to create a portal account for first-time users. Here you will set up an account that will be what you use to carry out the rest of your application process.
2. Submit an initial license application. Pay the associated fees while applying; these vary according to the type and size of your agency:
- Licensed Employment Agency (one to four counselors): $300 per year
- Licensed Employment Agency (five or more counselors): $550 per year
- Registered Placement Agency (main office): $300 per year
- Registered Placement Agency (each branch office): $180 per year
3. Use the Microsoft Silverlight feature on ePLACE to upload your documents for review.
Ready to get started?
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development Department of Labor Standards Application for Employment Agency and Placement Agency Registration and Determination of Applicability of the Temporary Workers Right to Know Law
Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert today.