How much does an information purchaser surety bond cost in Michigan?
Michigan information purchaser bonds cost $250 and can be purchased instantly online when you work with SuretyBonds.com.
Ready to get bonded? Give us a call at 1 (800) 308-4358 or utilize our secure online checkout process to get bonded today!
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost|
|$25,000 Information Purchaser Bond||$25,000||$250|
Why do I need this bond?
A Michigan information purchaser surety bond is required before you or your company can purchase information regarding driver’s licenses, vehicle registrations and other personal records from the Michigan Department of State. This bond is used to ensure information purchasers adhere to state laws that regulate the buying and selling of personal information. Under current law, lists cannot be sold for marketing and/or solicitation. Information may be purchased for the following reasons:
- for use in connection with matters of motor vehicle and driver safety or auto theft
- for verification of the accuracy of personal information submitted by an individual to a business
- for use in investigative purposes for a civil, criminal, administrative or arbitration proceeding in a federal, state or local court or governmental agency
- for use in legitimate research activities and in preparing statistical reports for commercial, scholarly or academic purposes by a bona fide research organization
- for use by a news medium in the preparation and dissemination of a report related in part or in whole to the operation of a motor vehicle or public safety
- for any use by an individual requesting information pertaining to himself or herself
If you’re ready to get the bond you need, purchase your Michigan information purchaser bond online.
What’s the fine print?
Michigan information purchaser surety bonds are continuous until canceled, and 30 days notice prior to cancellation is required.
Additional information for information purchasers
Personal information can be accessed and purchased through a program called “Direct Access.” To obtain the forms needed to establish your Direct Access account, submit your request with the following information:
- program you are interested in (Direct Access Program)
- company name and address
- contact person’s name
- contact person’s telephone and fax numbers
- contact person’s e-mail address
You can find more information about Direct Access linked to from the Additional Resources section of this page.
Ready to get started?