How much does an information purchaser surety bond cost in Michigan?
Premiums of Michigan information purchaser bonds are based on underwriting consideration. Applicants with strong financial credentials can expect to pay just 1-5% of the bond amount - or as little as $250. Individuals with low credit scores can rest assured when working with SuretyBonds.com because we can approve 99% of applicants - regardless of credit score.
Ready to get bonded? Give us a call at 1 (800) 308-4358 or fill out an online contact form to get started!
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost by Credit Score*|
|680 and up||679 - 600||599 or lower|
|Information Purchaser Bond||$25,000||Starts at $250||$1,250-2,000||$2,500+||Apply Now|
If you’re ready to get bonded, call SuretyBonds.com at 1 (800) 308-4358 or fill out our online bond request form. We’ll provide you with a free surety bond quote within 1 business day of applying. It’s that easy!
Why do I need this bond?
A Michigan information purchaser surety bond is required before you or your company can purchase information regarding driver’s licenses, vehicle registrations and other personal records from the Michigan Department of State. This bond is used to ensure information purchasers adhere to state laws that regulate the buying and selling of personal information. Under current law, lists cannot be sold for marketing and/or solicitation. Information may be purchased for the following reasons:
- for use in connection with matters of motor vehicle and driver safety or auto theft
- for verification of the accuracy of personal information submitted by an individual to a business
- for use in investigative purposes for a civil, criminal, administrative or arbitration proceeding in a federal, state or local court or governmental agency
- for use in legitimate research activities and in preparing statistical reports for commercial, scholarly or academic purposes by a bona fide research organization
- for use by a news medium in the preparation and dissemination of a report related in part or in whole to the operation of a motor vehicle or public safety
- for any use by an individual requesting information pertaining to himself or herself
If you’re ready to get the bond you need, submit a surety bond request. Our experts’ unsurpassed knowledge of the bonding process ensures that you will get the bond you need quickly, easily and inexpensively.
What’s the fine print?
Michigan information purchaser surety bonds are continuous until canceled, and 30 days notice prior to cancellation is required.
Don’t worry, our experts understand these bonding requirements and are ready to answer all of your questions. Submit a surety bond request to speak with a live specialist who will walk you through the bonding process step-by-step!
Additional information for information purchasers
Personal information can be accessed and purchased through a program called “Direct Access.” To obtain the forms needed to establish your Direct Access account, submit your request with the following information:
- program you are interested in (Direct Access Program)
- company name and address
- contact person’s name
- contact person’s telephone and fax numbers
- contact person’s e-mail address
You can find more information about Direct Access linked to from the Important Links section of this page.
If you have any questions about this bond, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1 (800) 308-4358 or fill out a bond request form. Our bond experts can answer any questions you might have and get you a free bond quote in 24 hours or less!
Ready to get started?