1 (800) 308-4358
Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CST
  1. 1. Choose A State
  2. 2. Choose A Bond
  3. 3. Enter Your Contact Info
  4. 4. Receive Your Free Quote

Nevada Private Postsecondary Educational Institution License Bond

How much does a private postsecondary educational institution license bond cost in Nevada?

The Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education (CPE) requires private postsecondary educational institutions to purchase a surety bond as part of the licensing process. The price of your bond will depend on a review of your personal financial statement and on your required bond amount. The CPE will determine the bond amount after the institution is approved for licensure, though the bond must be for no less than $10,000.

SuretyBonds.com offers these bonds for different costs depending on a review of the applicant’s personal credit report. Applicants with strong financial credentials could qualify to pay as little as 1% of the bond amount! Request your free bond quote now!

Bond Type Bond Amount Cost*
Varies Private Postsecondary Educational Instituation License Bond Varies Starts at 1% GET A QUOTE

Call 1 (800) 308-4358, or submit a bond request, to connect with our team of surety bond experts. We can typically provide your free, no-obligation surety bond quote within 1 business day of submitting your application.

Why do I need this bond?

Private postsecondary institutions provide opportunities for further education. Accreditation is not necessary for operation, though private institutions are often accredited. The bond ensures that the school provides services as promised, and can reimburse students should they suffer any financial losses.

Nevada also provides a licensure evaluation form institutions can fill out and send to the CPE to determine if they need to be licensed and bonded–find it under ”Forms for Unlicensed Institutions” in the Additional Resources section.

Ready to get bonded? Apply for your free bond quote now!

How long do I need this bond?

The bond remains in full force and effect throughout the institution’s licensure period. All claims on the bond must be resolved within 60 days. The bond can be cancelled with 30 days’ written notice to the CPE, though any claims made during that time must be evaluated.

How to become licensed as a private postsecondary education institution in Nevada

To start a private postsecondary education institution, your institution must become licensed through the CPE. Information to be submitted with your application includes the following:

  • Applicant’s name, phone number and address
  • Name, phone number and address of institution to be licensed
  • Detailed information on the school’s proposed curriculum, including degree requirements and distance education information, if applicable
  • Detailed budget estimate
  • Audited financial statement prepared by a CPA in the previous 12 months
  • If accredited, a letter from the accrediting body verifying they are aware of the application
  • Names, phone numbers and addresses of financial investors

The CPE’s website contains the forms required for applying for licensure along with other forms you might need.

Begin the process to become a licensed private postsecondary educational institution by purchasing the Nevada surety bond you need. We make the bonding process fast and easy!

Ready to get started?

Get a FREE Private Postsecondary Educational Institution License Bond Quote Today!

Additional Resources

Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education

CPE Forms for Licensed Institutions

CPE Forms for Unlicensed Institutions

Nevada Revised Statutes 394.480

Overnight Shipping
50,000 Satisfied
Customers Nationwide
No Hidden Fees