Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.
We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.
We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.
How much does a security guard or private detective bond cost in Oklahoma?
The Council of Law Enforcement Education and Training in Oklahoma requires security guards (armed and unarmed) and self-employed private investigators to be bonded in the amounts of $5,000 or $10,000.
SuretyBonds.com issues these bonds instantly for just $50 or $100! Simply click Buy Now to purchase your bond online using our secure bond checkout. Whether you’re armed or unarmed, you can be on your way to getting bonded as an Oklahoma security guard or private investigator in just a few minutes.
Why do I need an Oklahoma bodyguard/private investigator bond?
Oklahoma security guard and private investigator bonds are put in place to protect the public from any unethical or unlawful acts committed by an armed or unarmed security guard or investigator. Laws, including only carrying a handgun if licensed as an armed professional, can be found in the Oklahoma Statutes 59-1750.5.
Considerations for Oklahoma security guard and private investigator bonds
Oklahoma security guard and private investigator bonds are continuous until canceled. If the surety chooses to cancel this bond for any reason, 10 days’ notice must be given to the Council of Law Enforcement Education and Training.
How to become a private investigator or security guard in Oklahoma
Applicants for a new private investigator or security guard license are subject to the following requirements:
- Complete the applicable application.
- Submit a certified court Judgment and Sentence or letter of no record for each arrest and/or charge on your record, if applicable.
- Submit fingerprint cards.
- Provide two current passport-sized color photographs; three are needed if applying for an armed license.
- Submit local police department and sheriff department record checks.
- Provide a letter of employment (if applicable) or bond/insurance.
- Complete the agency application (required for self-employed private investigators).
- Provide documented proof of experience or comparable training.
- Provide verifiable documentation of legal residence if not a United States citizen.
- Provide your current MMPI (armed license applicants only).
- Pay all required fees via money order, cashier’s check, or company check.
Unarmed Private Investigator
Armed Private Investigator
Combination License (PI & Security)
All Oklahoma forms can be found here.