How much does a security guard or private detective bond cost in Oklahoma?
The Council of Law Enforcement Education and Training in Oklahoma requires security guards (armed and unarmed) and self-employed private investigators to be bonded in the amounts of $5,000 or $10,000.
SuretyBonds.com issues these bonds instantly for just $50 or $100! Simply click Buy Now to purchase your bond online using our secure bond checkout. Whether you’re armed or unarmed, you can be on your way to getting bonded as an Oklahoma security guard or private investigator in just a few minutes.
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost|
|$5,000 Security Guard and Private Investigator Bond Unarmed||$5,000||$50|
|$10,000 Security Guard and Private Investigator Bond Armed||$10,000||$100|
Why do I need this bond?
Oklahoma security guard and private investigator bonds are put in place to protect the public from any unethical and unlawful acts committed by an armed or unarmed security guard or investigator. Laws, including only carrying a handgun if licensed as an armed professional, can be found in the Oklahoma Statutes 59-1750.5.
What’s the fine print?
Oklahoma security guard and private investigator bonds are continuous until canceled. If the surety chooses to cancel this bond for any reason, 10 days’ notice prior to cancellation must be given to the Council of Law Enforcement Education and Training.
How to become a private investigator or security guard in Oklahoma
Applicants for a new private investigator or security guard license are subject to the following requirements:
- Complete notarized application
- Submit certified court Judgment and Sentence or letter of no record for each arrest and/or charge, if applicable
- Submit legible CLEET fingerprint cards with all required data
- Provide two current passport size color photographs; three if applying for armed license
- Submit local police department and sheriff department record checks
- Provide letter of employment (if applicable) or bond/insurance
- Complete agency application (required if self-employed private investigator)
- Provide documented proof of experience or comparable training
- Pay all required fees
- Provide verifiable documentation of legal residence if not a United States citizen