How much will my notary bond in Pennsylvania cost?
Pennsylvania notary bonds are required in the amount of $10,000. SuretyBonds.com is able to issue these 4-year bonds instantly for just $30 with no credit check required. Simply click “Buy Now” to get a Pennsylvania notary bond directly through our site, using our safe and secure payment portal. It only takes a few minutes to be on your way to being bonded as a notary in Pennsylvania.
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost|
|$10,000 Notary Bond||$10,000||$30 for 4 years|
|$10,000 Notary Bond with Errors and Omissions Insurance||$10,000||$90 for 4 years|
Why do I need this bond?
Pennsylvania notary bonds serve as a guarantee of a notary’s professionalism and the faithful execution of the duties of a notary ethically and lawfully. Notary public bonds also protect clients and the state of Pennsylvania from financial loss as a result of a notary’s negligence while performing notarial acts.
What’s the fine print?
Notary bonds are required by the Pennsylvania Department of State Notary Division. Notary bonds are considered continuously effective until canceled and last for a 4-year term. The surety must give the Department at least 30 days of notice prior to any cancellation.
How to become a notary public in Pennsylvania
To qualify for appointment as a notary public, you must:
- be 18 years or older
- be a resident of Pennsylvania or employed by the commonwealth
- be of good moral character and familiar with the duties of a notary public
- have completed an approved 3-hour course on notary education within the past 6 months
- not have been convicted of or pleaded no contest to a felony or lesser offense relating to the duties of notaries public in the past 5 years
No persons holding a judicial office in Pennsylvania, any members of the United States Congress or any members of the General Assembly of Pennsylvania may be appointed as a notary public. When applying, please carefully refer to the following instructions:
- application must be typewritten or legibly printed on the prescribed form
- use your full name as you would like it to appear on your commission
Allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing after the submission of an application. Each application should be accompanied by a fee of $40 payable to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.