How much will my notary bond in Pennsylvania cost?
Pennsylvania notary bonds are issued instantly, starting at $30 for four years! Simply click Buy Now to get a Pennsylvania notary bond directly through our site, using our safe and secure bond checkoutl. It only takes a few minutes to be on your way to being bonded as a notary in Pennsylvania.
Why do I need this bond?
Pennsylvania notary bonds are required by the Pennsylvania Department of State in the amount of $10,000.
Pennsylvania notary bonds serve as a guarantee of a notary’s professionalism and the faithful execution of the duties of a notary ethically and lawfully. Notary public bonds also protect clients and the state of Pennsylvania from financial loss as a result of a notary’s negligence while performing notarial acts.
What’s the fine print?
Notary bonds are required by the Pennsylvania Department of State Notary Division. Notary bonds are considered continuously effective until canceled and last for a four-year term. The surety must give the Department at least 30 days of notice prior to any cancellation.
How to become a notary public in Pennsylvania
To qualify for appointment as a notary public in Pennsylvania, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Resident of Pennsylvania or employed by the commonwealth
- Demonstrate good moral character and familiar with duties of a notary public
- Complete approved three-hour course on notary education during past six months
- No convictions or no contest pleas to felony or lesser offense relating to duties of notaries public during previous five years
No persons holding a judicial office in Pennsylvania, any members of the United States Congress or any members of the General Assembly of Pennsylvania may be appointed as a notary public. When applying, please carefully refer to the following instructions:
- Application must be typewritten or legibly printed on the prescribed form
- Use full name as it is to appear on commission
Allow four to six weeks for processing after the submission of an application. Each application should be accompanied by a fee of $40 payable to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.