Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.
We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.
We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.
How much will my Pennsylvania oversize hauling permit bond cost?
A $5,000 Pennsylvania oversize hauling bond costs $100 and is issued instantly. Simply click Buy Now to purchase your bond directly from our site using our secure bond checkout. In just a few minutes you can be on your way to getting bonded for your oversize or overweight hauling permit in Pennsylvania.
Why do I need an oversize/overweight special hauling bond?
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Transportation requires oversize haulers to post a surety bond in an amount no less than $5,000.
Oversize and overweight hauling bonds in PA ensure that the principal (hauler) complies with the rules and regulations stated in Title 67 PA Code-Chapter 179 and Chapter 19, Subchapter C of the “Vehicle Code.” Specifically, these bonds guarantee that all haulers will promptly make payments of fees, costs and expenses to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Additional information on special hauling bonds
Special hauling permit bonds are continuous until canceled. The bond may not be canceled by the surety without the written permission of the Department of Transportation’s Central Permit Office.
- When filling out your bond form, be sure to provide the following information:
- Internal Revenue Service Tax Number issued to your business
- Name of entity or company registered as principal
- Dollar amount of bond in both numeric and alpha characters (ex. $5,000 & Five Thousand)
- Signature of representative of principal
How to become an oversize hauler in Pennsylvania
All oversize haulers in Pennsylvania must register for a special hauling permit through an application. Be sure to read through the Department of Transportation’s Hauling Permit Information page.
When filling out the registration application, the following information must be included:
- Name of entity registering (must be identical to name on bond form)
- Mailing address for correspondence
- Names and information of all officers or co-owners of company
Applicants should also be aware of any applicable permit fees.