Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.
We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.
We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.
Why do I need a private detective bond in Rhode Island?
Anyone wishing to become a private detective/investigator in Rhode Island must post a $5,000 surety bond with his or her respective township.
According to the Private Detective Act, Rhode Island private detective surety bonds ensure that the principal (private detective) will not engage in any fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation of themselves, among other laws. Rhode Island private detective surety bonds cover damages suffered by anyone as a result of unlawful or unethical actions committed by the private detective.
How much does a $5,000 private detective bond cost in Rhode Island?
Rhode Island private detective/investigator surety bonds are issued instantly and cost $100. Simply click Buy Now to visit our online bond checkout, where you can buy your bond safely and securely. In just a few minutes, you can be on your way to getting bonded as a Rhode Island private detective.
How to become a private detective/investigator in Rhode Island
There are a number of general requirements one must meet to become a private detective in Rhode Island:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a citizen of the United States with no felony convictions or previous license revocations
- Must be of good moral character
- Must have a criminal justice degree from an accredited institution or relevant employment experience (five years of experience as an investigator or police officer or have been employed by a licensed private detective for a period of five years)
- Must post a $5,000 surety bond and pay the $150 license fee
Each city in Rhode Island may have additional licensing application requirements, so it is important to make sure you fill out the application for the correct city.
Additional considerations for Rhode Island Private Detectives
While application requirements vary by city, Rhode Island requires all private detectives to post a $5,000 surety bond. Rhode Island private detective surety bonds expire one year from the effective date unless claimed against or canceled.