How much does a fish dealer’s bond cost in Washington?
SuretyBonds.com issues $2,000 for fish dealers in Washington instantly for just $100!
Simply click Buy Now to purchase your bond online via our secure bond checkout. In just minutes you can be on your way to getting your Washington fish dealer performance bond.
If a larger bond amount is required, the premium paid by the fish dealer will be determined by an underwriter.
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost|
|$2,000 Fish Dealer Performance Bond||$2,000||$100|
|$2,001+ Fish Dealer Performance Bond||$2,001+||Price Varies||GET A QUOTE|
Why do I need this bond?
The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife requires wholesale fish dealers to post surety bonds. The required bond amount depends on the number of buyers the dealer conducts business with. The amount of bond coverage increases $1,000 per every buyer and cannot be less than $2,000 or greater than $50,000.
Washington fish dealer performance bonds ensure that principals (wholesale fish dealers) adhere to the provisions of Chapter 77.65 of the Revised Code of Washington and all rules set by the Director of the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife relating to the payment of fines for violations of rules for the accounting of the commercial harvest of food fish or shellfish.
What’s the fine print?
Fish dealer bonds in Washington remain in full force and effect throughout the term of the principal’s wholesale fish dealer’s license and 45 days thereafter or until the surety cancels the bond. To cancel the bond, the surety must provide written notice of cancellation to the department at least 45 days prior to the effective date of cancellation.
Become a fish dealer in Washington
Wholesale fish dealers and fish buyers must be licensed to work in Washington. Licenses expire annually on December 31 of the year of issuance.
A wholesale fish dealer’s license is required for those who engage in any of the following activities:
- Commercial processing of food fish or shellfish, including custom canning or processing of personal use food fish or shellfish
- Wholesale selling, buying, or brokering of food fish or shellfish
- Land and sell their catch or harvest to anyone other than licensed wholesale dealer within or outside state
- Commercial manufacture or preparation of fertilizer, oil, meal, caviar, fish bait, or other by-products from food fish or shellfish
- Employs a fish buyer
A fish buyer’s license is required if the licensee engages in any of the following activities:
- Each wholesale fish dealer acting as fish buyer
- Purchases food fish or shellfish on behalf of license wholesale dealer