1 (800) 308-4358

Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CST

Choose Bond
Enter Info
Receive Quote
generic bond icon

Wisconsin Sales and Use Tax Bond

Select Bond For Price
Want your bond emailed to you Friday, Mar. 24? Buy your bond within 20 hrs 58 min!


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

How much does a tax bond cost in Wisconsin?

The required bond for sales and use tax bonds in Wisconsin is based on the volume of sales at each business location. Applicants should verify their required surety bond amounts with the department of revenue prior to bonding.

If the bond amount is $10,000 or less, bonds can be issued for $100, but bonds with amounts greater than $10,000 are subject to underwriting.

Are ready to get bonded quickly, easily and accurately? Give us a call at 1 (800) 308-4358, or fill out an online bond request form!

Bond Type
$100-$10,000Sales and Use Tax Bondtwice the permittee's maximum monthly beverage tax is less than $10,000
$10,001-$100,000Sales and Use Tax Bondtwice the permittee's maximum monthly beverage tax is more than $10,000

If you’re ready to get bonded quickly, easily and accurately, give us a call at 1 (800) 308-4358, or fill out an online bond request form!

Why do I need a Wisconsin sales and use tax bond?

Wisconsin sales and use tax surety bonds are put in place to ensure that principals have applied for or obtained a permit to engage in the business subject to taxes according to the provisions of Chapters 66717778 or 139 of the Wisconsin Statutes. The principal must adhere to any applicable amendments and satisfy any demands made upon the principal by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue for security for payment of taxes imposed under those chapters. Specifically, the bond guarantees that the principal (business professional) will comply with all of the provisions of the Wisconsin Statutes and pay all taxes, interest and penalties promptly when due, including taxes, interest and penalties due now and in the future.

If the principal is delinquent in the payment of the taxes imposed under the Wisconsin Statutes indicated above, the Department of Revenue can recover the taxes, interest and penalties from the surety, upon 10 days notice.

The surety can choose to withdraw liability at any time by giving the Department of Revenue 60 days’ notice prior to termination of the bond. The bond will remain in full force and effect until otherwise canceled.

Ready to get bonded? Get started now!

What does a sales and tax surety bond in Wisconsin cover?

The Wisconsin A-133 sale and use tax surety bond form is used to ensure the payment of the following types of taxes:

  • Alcohol beverage
  • Tobacco products
  • Cigarette
  • Fuel
  • Sales and use
  • Nonresident entertainer

Applicants should be sure to indicate the appropriate license type on the bond form.

What are the different types of Wisconsin sales tax licenses?

There are several types of alcohol beverage licenses in Wisconsin. The options include:

  • “Class A” fermented malt beverage licenses and liquor licenses allow for the purchase of and consumption of alcoholic beverages off sale premises. Examples include: liquor stores or grocery stores with full liquor sales sections.
  • “Class B” fermented malt beverage licenses and liquor licenses allow retail sale of alcoholic beverages for consumption on or off the premises. Examples include: taverns and restaurants with full alcohol service.
  • “Class C” wine licenses allow the sale of wine for consumption only on the premises and allow the carryout of a single opened (resealed) bottle if sold with a meal.
  • Temporary “Class B” licenses (often called picnic licenses) allow retail beer and or wine sales, at temporary events like fairs and festivals. To qualify for such a license, organizations must be authentic clubs, county or local fair associations, churches, lodges, or societies that have existed for at least six months, and may not operate for monetary gain, selling alcohol beverages is only incidental to their operation.

There are several other locally-issued licenses or state-issued permits that allow retail sale of alcohol beverages under certain circumstances. However, the license types listed above are the most common.

For complete licensing information, visit the Additional Resources section of this page.

Ready to get started?

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert