How much does a notary public surety bond cost in Wyoming?
The Wyoming Secretary of State requires notaries public to post $500 surety bonds.
SuretyBonds.com issues these 4-year bonds instantly for just $50! There’s no credit check required, so everyone pays the same low price. Errors and Omissions Insurance is available for a small additional charge. Purchase your notary bond now!
Get bonded instantly when you choose SuretyBonds.com! Call 1 (800) 308-4358, or click here, to connect with our team of bond experts.
Why do I need this bond?
Wyoming notary surety bonds protect the public from any wrongdoings committed by notaries public while on the job. Specifically, these bonds ensure that notaries comply with all rules and regulations of the state of Wyoming, including refraining from notarizing documents that have forged signatures or documents that benefit or include the notary in any way.
If a claim is filed against the bond, the bond protects the state and general public from financial loss up to the full bond amount. The notary, in turn, must reimburse the surety for all damages paid out.
What’s the fine print?
Wyoming notary bonds remain valid for 4 years. For this particular bond type, applicants must know the specific county in which notarial business will be conducted.
How to become a commissioned notary public in Wyoming
To become a commissioned notary public in Wyoming, applicants must:
- complete the PDF application (signature must match the Commission Name Style listed on Item 1 of the application)
- mail the application along with the $30 fee to the Secretary of State’s Office
- purchase a $500 notary surety bond, if application is approved
- take the bond to the applicant’s local County Clerk’s office within 60 days of the starting date of the applicant’s commission
- purchase a notary stamp (ink or embossed) once the applicant receives his or her notary certificate from the County Clerk
Ready to get started?