TTB Distilled Spirits Bond

Get a Quote!

Secure | No Obligation | Takes 2 Minutes

How much does this bond cost? 

TTB distilled spirits bond costs start at $100 annually. Your personal cost will vary depending on your required bond amount. 

  • Bond amounts up to $25,000 cost $12 for every $1,000 of coverage, starting at $100.
  • Bond amounts for more than $25,000 require a quick application review to determine pricing, starting at $300.

How do I get a federal distilled spirits bond?

You can purchase your TTB distilled spirits surety bond online 24/7. You'll need to provide the following information for National Revenue Center Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau filing approval. 

  • business name
  • address of business office
  • bond amount
  • employer identification number (EIN)
  • type of bond (operations - one plant, operations - adjacent wine cellar, operations - area, withdrawal, unit, alcohol fuel producer)
  • bond kind (original, strengthening, or superseding)

Once your payment has been processed, your official TTB surety bond will be delivered to your email instantly.

How fast can I get a TTB distilled spirits surety bond? offers instant distilled spirits bond delivery 24/7. Buy now to receive your official TTB distilled spirits surety bond in minutes by email.

*Note: If your bond amount is higher than $25,000, your purchase order will be reviewed by a team member before your official bond documents are emailed.

Bond Type
$1,000-$250,000TTB Distilled Spirits Bond
$250,001-$500,000TTB Distilled Spirits Bond

What is a TTB distilled spirits bond?

The TTB distilled spirits surety bond is required to be purchased and filed by distilled spirits operations as part of the permit process. TTB Form 5110.56 is officially titled “Distilled Spirits Bond" and requires a licensed distilled spirits plant comply with all rules and regulations outlined in 26 USC Chapter 51. Specifically, the TTB bond requires distilled spirits premises to pay all taxes, including penalties and interest, for which they are liable. This includes taxes on distilled spirits withdrawn from the bonded premise and taxes on unexplained shortages of bottled distilled spirits. Additionally, the bonded premises is required to pay penalties and fines as a result of violations of laws or regulations related to activities covered by this bond.  

Who regulates licensing for distilled spirits businesses?

The National Revenue Center Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau enforces regulations for distilled spirits businesses, including the surety bond requirement. If you have questions about applications, bonds, tax payments, or any other TTB guidance, you can contact the National Revenue Center by phone at 1(877)882-3277 or by email at [email protected].

How do I update or change my bond form? 

If the National Revenue Center Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau requires your bond form to be updated for any reason, contact your surety company. If you purchased your bond from, email [email protected] to explain the needed change. 

The most common changes requested are updating the following. 

  • business name
  • business office address
  • employer identification number (EIN)
  • bond type
  • bond kind

How do I renew my distilled spirits bond?

You must renew your distillery bond before its current 1-year term expires. Once you pay your renewal invoice, renewal instructions will be sent to you to keep your bond active for your next license term.

How do I get a TTB distilled spirits business permit? 

Distilled spirits businesses are required to file an application and receive approval from the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau before conducting business. The following required documents must be submitted along with your online application

An online application is not available for experimental distilled spirits plants. Anyone who wishes to establish this type of plant is required to send an application letter and distilled spirits bond to the Director of Regulations and Rulings Division. More information specific to the application requirements for experimental distilled spirits plants can be found in 27 CFR 19.33.

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert