1 (800) 308-4358

Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CST

Closed Thurs. 11/24 & Fri. 11/25

Choose Bond
Enter Info
Receive Quote
generic bond icon

Arkansas Contractor License Bond

Select Bond For Price
Want your bond emailed to you today? Buy your bond within 14 hrs 15 min


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

How much does a contractor license bond cost in Arkansas?

The cost of a contractor license bond in Arkansas varies based on the type of bond being purchased. Contractor bonds required at the state level are issued instantly and cost $75, while city or county bonds cost $100.

Because these bonds are issued without underwriting, they may be purchased online in just a few minutes. Simply click Buy Now to purchase your surety bond via our secure bond checkout and be on your way to getting bonded as an Arkansas contractor today!

Bond Type
$10,000CLB Commercial Contractor License Bond
$10,000CLB Subcontractor License Bond
$10,000City of Arkadelphia Contractor Bond
$2,000City of Benton Contractor Bond
$2,000City of Fort Smith Contractor Bond
$1,000City of Greenbrier Contractor Bond
$1,000City of Jacksonville Contractor Bond
$10,000City of Little Rock Contractor License Bond
$10,000City of North Little Rock Contractor Bond
$5,000City of Pine Bluff Contractor License Bond
$10,000City of Sherwood Contractor License Bond

State of Arkansas Contractor Bonds

Arkansas contractor bonds are required for commercial applicants and must be filed with the Contractors Licensing Board. This bond must be in an amount of $10,000 and ensures that the contractor will comply with all provisions under A.C.A 17-25-401, which is a financial guarantee that the contractor will properly pay taxes and comply with state and local rules and regulations. Licensees are also responsible for paying their taxes and other fees to the state.

The bond term remains in full effect unless canceled by the surety. If the bond is to be canceled, the surety must send a written cancellation notice to the Contractors Licensing Board 60 days prior to the cancellation date.

City & County Contractor Bonds

Many cities and counties in Arkansas have their own contractor bonding requirements, separate from the state’s requirement. Contractors looking to work within certain areas should familiarize themselves with local license and bonding requirements to make sure they are complying with all relevant rules and regulations.

Need a surety bond for a construction project?

Payment bonds and performance bonds are often required for specific construction projects. No matter the state, SuretyBonds.com can get you the bond you need for your next job.

Benton Contractor Bond

Residential contractors in Benton are required to comply with A.C.A 17-25-501 (a residential licensing law that protects homeowners and the purchasers of homes constructed in the state) and the 2007 Arkansas Fire Prevention Code. Prior to conducting business, a permit request and plot plan must be provided to the Community Development and Benton Utilities staff.

Benton commercial contractors must be licensed with the City of Benton and the State of Arkansas. These individuals must comply with the Arkansas Fire Prevention Code and the Arkansas Engineering and Architectural Acts (A.C.A. 17-30-104; A.C.A. 17-15-102). All submitted documents must be prepared by an engineer or architect registered in the State of Arkansas.

Fort Smith Contractor Bond

If you plan on constructing, repairing, installing or otherwise changing any structure in a building, electrical, or plumbing system in Fort Smith, Arkansas, you must have a permit and be bonded.

Greenbrier Contractor Bond

To work as a contractor in Greenbrier, Arkansas, you must be licensed and bonded with the Department of Building Codes.

Jacksonville Contractor Bond

If you work as a building, plumbing, HVAC, or electrical contractor in Jacksonville, you must be licensed and bonded prior to beginning work.

To get your business license, applications must be sent to the Jacksonville Engineering Department and Fire Department, along with your Arkansas contractor license, surety bond, and a letter from the Bureau of Public Health Engineering or Division of Sanitation Services.

Electrician, plumber, and HVACR contractors are required to take out separate inspection permits.

Little Rock Contractor Bond

Little Rock City Ordinance requires a contractor to have a city business license if his or her business operates within Little Rock, part of which includes obtaining a $10,000 surety bond.

North Little Rock Contractor Bond

Prior to acting as a contractor within North Little Rock, you must be licensed and bonded with the North Little Rock City Licensing Office.

Pine Bluff Contractor Bond

To perform building work in Pine Bluff, contractors must have a zoning permit and a building permit. To acquire these permits, applicants must comply with the Uniform Building Codes, along with other applicable local codes. If you perform mechanical work, your building plans must adhere to the Arkansas State Mechanical Codes. If you do plumbing, your plans must follow the Arkansas State Plumbing Code and be approved by the Department of Health. Electrician plans must coincide with the national electrical code.

Prior to sending in business plans, applicants must submit their surety bond to Pine Bluff’s Inspection and Zoning Department.

Sherwood Contractor Bond

Contractors who perform right-of-way work in Sherwood must have the proper permit. Contractors who perform land-altering construction activities are required to have a grading permit. These permits must be obtained prior to conducting business. Bond amounts vary depending on the contractor’s classifications and type of work being performed. Each surety bond posted ensures that the carried-out duties will comply with the city’s methods and specifications.

Ready to get started?

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert