How much does a $100,000 credit services organization bond cost in California?
A credit services surety bond is required prior to conducting business in the state by the California Secretary of State. To determine the cost of the bond, underwriters will review an applicants financial history. For those who qualify, rates can be as low as 1-3% of the total bond amount, or just $1,000.
The best way to find out exactly how much you’ll pay for your California surety bond is to request your free surety bond quote now!
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost by Credit Score*|
|680 and up||679 - 600||599 or lower|
|Credit Services Organization Bond||$100,000||Starts at $1,000||$4,000-$8,000||$10,000+||Apply Now|
Give us a call at 1 (800) 308-4358 or submit an online bond request now. You’ll be contacted by an expert surety specialist who will walk you through our fast and easy bonding process!
Why do I need this bond?
By posting a California credit services organization bond, principals (credit services organizations) pledge to conduct business in compliance with the provisions of Title 1.6E, Part 4 of Division 3 of the Civil Code of California. Violations of this code include:
- receiving money prior to fulfilling credit services for a buyer
- failing to perform the services within 6 months following the date the buyer signed the contract
- removing accurate information from the buyer’s credit record
- creating a new credit record for a buyer using a different name or social security number
- advertising without being registered with the Department of Justice
- failing to maintain an agent for processing
- referring a buyer to a credit granter that is related to the credit services organization through ownership
- and more
If the principal violates the code and the terms of the surety bond contract and a valid claim is made against the bond, the surety protects any individual or group of individuals harmed as a result of the principal’s actions up to the full bond amount. The principal must cover all damages paid by the surety.
Submit an online bond request to receive a free, personalized quote on your California credit services bond!
What’s the fine print?
Credit services organization surety bonds in California remain in full force and effect until violated or canceled. The bond term is 2 years from the issuance date.
The surety can cancel the bond in accordance with the provisions of Sections 996.310 of the Code of Civil Procedure.
How to become a credit service organization in California
Credit service organizations in California must obtain a certificate of registration from the Department of Justice prior to conducting business. The application form can be accessed from the Additional Resources section of this page. Required application information includes:
- name and address of business operations
- names, addresses and driver’s license numbers of every person who owns at least 10% of stock shares in the organization
- $100,000 surety bond
- transcripts and copies of all advertisements
- $100 registration fee
The certificate expires on December 31 of each year, but can be renewed by sending a renewal application to the Department of Justice.
To receive your certificate of registration, you must first obtain a surety bond. Request your free bond quote now!
Ready to get started?