1 (800) 308-4358

Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CST

Closed Monday, July 4th

Choose Bond
Enter Info
Receive Quote
generic bond icon

California Mobile Home, Commercial Coach, Truck Camper or Floating Home Bond

Select Bond For Price
Want your bond emailed to you today? Buy your bond within 1 hrs 9 min


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

How much does a mobile home bond cost in California?

The California Department of Housing and Community Development requires owners of mobile homes, commercial coaches, truck campers or floating homes without sufficient evidence of ownership to post surety bonds. The amount for the bond is equivalent to the market value of the vehicle at the time of registration.

Mobile home, commercial coach, truck camper, or floating home bonds in the amount of $1 to $25,000 are issued at a rate of $15 per $1,000 of the bond amount with a $100 minimum premium. A quote for these bonds can be obtained automatically online when you submit an application with SuretyBonds.com.

These bonds in an amount ranging from $25,001 to $400,000 are subject to underwriting consideration with a minimum cost of $100. This process includes an analysis of your credit report and the market value for your vehicle. Don’t let bad credit stop you from purchasing the surety bond you need! SuretyBonds.com offers an exclusive bad credit bonding program through which we approve 99% of all applicants.

Bond Type
$500-$25,000Mobile Home, Commercial Coach, Truck Camper or Floating Home Bond
$25,001-$450,000Mobile Home, Commercial Coach, Truck Camper or Floating Home Bond

Getting bonded couldn’t be easier with SuretyBonds.com! Call 1 (800) 308-4358 or click here to get started.

Why do I need this bond?

California mobile home bonds protect future owners of the vehicle and the state from financial loss that results from the issuance of a new registration certificate for the vehicle in question. If the principal (vehicle owner) acts in good faith, then this bond will be void. Otherwise, the state can file a claim against the bond. If the claim is proven to be valid, the surety must compensate harmed parties up to the penal sum of the bond (the market value of the mobile home). The principal must reimburse the surety for any damages paid out.

Purchase your bond online through our secure online checkout!

What’s the fine print?

The California Department of Housing and Community Development mandates the filing of a surety bond from anyone with an unregistered mobile home, commercial coach, truck camper or floating home and insufficient proof of ownership.

The bond amount varies according to the current market price of your vehicle, which is determined through an approved value guide or the actual known purchase price of the unit.

The bond remains valid for 3 years from the date of issuance. The principal can return and surrender the bond to the Department of Housing and Community Development prior to its expiration date if his or her vehicle is no longer registered with the state and the certificate of title is also surrendered.

What are the registration requirements?

To register your vehicle with the Department of Housing and Community Development, vehicle owners must submit an application that includes the following:

  • Name and mailing address of the owner
  • County in which registered owner resides
  • Address of the vehicle
  • Description of the vehicle, including manufacturer’s name and identification number, date of manufacture, serial number and federal label number
  • Registration fee

For successful registration of an unlicensed mobile home, you need to purchase a surety bond. Get started now!

Ready to get started?

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert