Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.
We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.
We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.
How much does a process server surety bond cost in California?
Process Server surety bonds in California cost $50 and remain in effect for two years. Simply click Buy Now to visit our secure bond checkout and purchase your bond today. In just a few minutes you can be on your way to becoming bonded as a California process server.
Why do California process servers need a bond?
California process servers are required to obtain a $2,000, county-specific surety bond before operating within the state.
By posting a California process server bond, principals pledge to comply with the provisions of Chapter 16, Section 22350, Division 8 of the Business and Professional Code of the State of California. If the principal fails to conduct business according to these terms, the bond protects harmed parties from financial loss up to the full amount of the bond.
Looking to become a notary public as well as a process server? Get more information by visiting our California notary bond page.
What’s the fine print for a California process server bond?
Process server bonds in California are required by and must be filed with the county in which the process server will conduct business.
These bonds remain in full force and effect unless otherwise canceled or violated. The surety can cancel the bond in accordance with the provisions of the Civil Code.
How to become a process server in California
To become a process server in California, there are five requirements to be met by each applicant.
- Complete the required registration forms provided by your California County Clerk or Recorder.
- Provide a copy of fingerprints via Live Scan in order to verify that you have not been previously convicted of a felony.
- Obtain a $2,000 surety bond with a two-year term. Two year California process server bonds can be purchased instantly on SuretyBonds.com for just $50.
- Turn in your county’s required registration forms, the surety bond, and Live Scan form to the local clerk or recorder.
- Pay the required fees. The general fee to register as a process server in California is $100. Additional fees will vary depending on the county you are registering in.
Process servers in California are registered and licensed by county. In order to guarantee that you are completing the correct steps, make sure to contact your local county clerk or recorder.
Ready to get started?
Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert today.