generic bond icon

Connecticut Contractor License Bonds

Select Bond For Price
We offer 24/7 instant email delivery. Buy your bond now to get it within 6 minutes!


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

How much does a Connecticut contractor license bond cost?

Connecticut contractor license bond costs start at $100 annually. Your exact cost will vary depending on your license type, its required bond amount, and how long the bond term is. Most contractor bonds required by cities in Connecticut cost $100. Bonds required for state licensing require a quick application review to determine pricing. 

How do you get a Connecticut contractor surety bond? 

You can purchase most Connecticut contractor license bonds online 24/7. Choose the bond you need from the dropdown above or the table below. Contractor registration information for bond forms vary by government agency, but you typically need to provide your contractor or construction company name, physical business address, and license type for filing approval. Once your order is processed, your Connecticut surety bond confirmation will be sent to your email. 

How fast can you get a contractor license bond?  

Our industry-leading technology and responsive customer service team allow us to deliver official Connecticut surety bonds to contractors faster than any other surety provider. offers digital delivery for most licensed contractor bonds in Connecticut. Orders placed by 4 PM CST Monday-Friday are typically processed with same-day emailed bond delivery. If your city requires your official bond be physically issued and delivered to you, we'll ship it to your preferred mailing address.

If you have questions about Connecticut contractor license bond requirements, call 1(800)308-4358 to speak with a friendly surety expert. We're here to guide you through the contractor bond process so you can get back to running your business.

Bond Type
$15,000Department of Consumer Protection Home Improvement Contractor Bond
$12,500-$100,000Department of Revenue Services Nonresident Contractor Tax Bond
$10,000-$25,000Department of Revenue Services Nonresident Contractor Verification Bond
$25,001-$300,000Department of Revenue Services Nonresident Contractor Verification Bond
$10,000City of Bristol Curb, Sidewalk, and Driveway Contractor Bond
$10,000City of Bristol Excavation Contractor Bond
$10,000City of Milford Contractor Bond
$5,000City of New Britain Concrete Walks Contractor Bond
$10,000City of New Haven Excavation Contractor Bond
$10,000City of New Haven Sidewalk Contractor Bond
$10,000City of New London Contractor Bond
$1,000-$25,000City of Torrington Excavation Contractor Bond
$25,001-$100,000City of Torrington Excavation Contractor Bond
$5,000-$250,000City of Wallingford Excavation Contractor Bond
$1,000-$100,000City of Waterford Contractor Bond
$10,000Metropolitan District Contractor Bond
$5,000Town of Cromwell Drain Layer Bond
$10,000Town of Hamden Sidewalk Contractor Bond
$10,000Town of Rocky Hill Right of Way Bond
$10,000Town of West Hartford Private Contractor Public Right of Way Bond
$10,000Town of Windsor Excavation Contractor Bond
$1,000-$25,000Highway Encroachment Permit Bond
$25,001-$100,000Highway Encroachment Permit Bond
$20,000City of Bridgeport Street Excavating, Curb and Sidewalk Bond
$1,000-$25,000City of Norwalk Street Opening Bond
$25,001-$100,000City of Norwalk Street Opening Bond
$1,000-$100,000Town of Monroe Planning and Zoning Commission Site Restoration and Stabilization Bond
$5,000Town North Haven Highway Excavation Bond
$10,000-$20,000Town of East Haven Highway Excavation Bond
$20,001-$100,000Town of East Haven Highway Excavation Bond
$10,000Town of Hamden Street Excavation Bond
$10,000City of Hartford Excavation Permit Bond
$5,000Town of Cheshire Drain Layer Bond
$3,000Town of Darien Building Sewer Connection Permit Bond
$1,000-$100,000Town of Monroe Inland Wetlands Commission Site Restoration and Stabilization Bond
$5,000Town of Portland Contractor Bond
$10,000Town of Wethersfield Street Excavation Bond
$10,000City of Hartford Sidewalk and Curb Performance and Payment Bond
$4,000City of Meriden Drain Layer Bond
$2,000-$25,000City of Stamford Street Opening or Excavation Bond
$25,001-$100,000City of Stamford Street Opening or Excavation Bond
$10,000Town of East Hartford Drain Layer Bond
$10,000Town of East Hartford Driveway, Curb and Walk Layer Bond
$1,000-$25,000Town of Ellington Excavation or Removal Bond
$5,000Town of Windsor Locks Drain Layer and Excavator Bond
$25,000Town of Westport Permit Bond
$1,000-$100,000Westridge Sanitation District Warrant and Maintenance Bond

What is a Connecticut contractor license bond?

Connecticut contractor license bond” is a blanket term for the many surety bond requirements enforced by the state and local cities for contractor registration. Connecticut General Statutes Chapter 400 Section 20-426a authorizes the Commissioner of Consumer Protection to require individuals to file a surety bond for contractor licensing at their discretion. Some cities also require their own separate surety bonds as part of their licensing requirements. Each bond form has its own terms, but they generally require contractors to complete their construction work according to applicable state and city laws. 

Why do I need a surety bond for contractor licensing?

By filing a surety bond, you agree to comply with state and city laws when performing construction work. Your bond will protect the state, city, and/or individual consumers harmed in the event of your noncompliance. Your issuing surety company will pay valid claims up to your full bond amount, which you would be required to reimburse.

What type of Connecticut contractor bond do you need? 

The Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection requires home improvement contractors file a $15,000 surety bond before being licensed to work in the state. If you have questions about home improvement contractor licensing or bonding requirements, you can contact the Department of Consumer Protection by phone at 1(860)713-6000 or by email at [email protected].

The Connecticut Department of Revenue Services requires nonresident contractors file contractor tax bond form AU-964 as a guarantee they'll pay all owed taxes in full and on time. If you have questions about nonresident contractor licensing or tax bond requirements, you can contact the Department of Revenue Services by phone at 1(860)541-7538 or by email at [email protected].

If you work in one of the cities listed in the dropdown above or table below, you must file a specific surety bond with the city directly before receiving your local contractor compliance license. If you need a surety bond for a city not listed, call 1(800)308-4358

Need a surety bond for a construction project in Connecticut?

Connecticut contractor bonds are required for licensing compliance. If you need a surety bond before you can begin work on an individual contracted project, you might need a bid bond, payment bond, performance bond, or other type of contract bond. If you work in states other than Connecticut, we also offer contractor license bonds nationwide.

How do I update or change my contractor licensing bond? 

If the state or your local city requires you to update information on your bond form, contact your surety company. If you purchased your bond from, email [email protected] to explain the needed change. The most common changes requested for these bonds are updating your name, address, or license number to match your official professional licensing.

How do I renew my licensed contractor bond?

You must renew your Connecticut surety bond before its current term expires to maintain your active contractor license with your licensing authority. If manages your contractor bond, we'll send you specific renewal instructions after you pay your renewal invoice.

How do you get your general contractor's license in Connecticut?

You must do the following to apply for your contractor's license in Connecticut.

  1. Register your business with the Connecticut Secretary of State Office.
  2. Purchase general liability insurance and any applicable surety bond as required for licensing.
  3. Submit your application online through the state's eLicense portal

Various cities and towns in Connecticut require contractors be licensed and bonded locally before they can be authorized to work. You should always verify local licensing compliance requirements with your local city's government office.

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert