1 (800) 308-4358
Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CST
  1. 1. Choose A State
  2. 2. Choose A Bond
  3. 3. Enter Your Contact Info
  4. 4. Receive Your Free Quote

Connecticut Nonresident Contractor Tax Bond

How much does an out-of-state contractor bond cost in Connecticut?

The Connecticut Department of Revenue Services requires nonresident contractors to post surety bonds in varying amounts. The required bond amount is equivalent to 5% of the the applicant’s total project contract amount.

The best way to find out exactly how much you’ll pay for your contractor license bond is to submit a bond request. Our experts make the bonding process fast and easy and can typically provide your free, no-obligation bond quote within 1 business day of submitting your bond application.

Bond Type Bond Amount Cost*
Varies Nonresident Contractor Tax Bond Varies Starts at 1% GET A QUOTE

Let one of our contractor tax bond specialists walk you through our simple bonding process step-by-step. Call 1 (800) 308-4358, or click here to get started!

Why do I need this bond?

By posting a nonresident contractor tax bond, principals (nonresident contractors) promise to pay all penalties, interest and taxes due to the Department of Revenue Services. The bond protects the state from financial loss if the principal fails to comply with the terms of the surety contract and other applicable laws.

We provide fast and easy bonding services. So, what are you waiting for? Apply now!

Need a surety bond for a construction project?

Payment bonds and performance bonds are often required for specific construction projects. No matter the state, SuretyBonds.com can get you the bond you need for your next job.

What’s the fine print?

Registered prime and general contractors (unverified contractors) must post Form AU-964. If you have been registered with the Department of Revenue Services for at least 3 years and have no outstanding tax liabilities, you may post Form AU-960 for verified contractor status.

Nonresident contractor bonds in Connecticut must be in an amount of at least $10,000 and have a 2-year term, beginning on January 1 and expiring on December 31 of the following year. If the nonresident contractor does not pay all penalties, interest and taxes, his or her bond will voided. Otherwise, it will remain in full effect.

Ready to get started?

Get a FREE Nonresident Contractor Tax Bond Quote Today!

Additional Resources

Department of Revenue Services Nonresident Contractor Bonds and Deposits

Department of Revenue Services 2011 Legislative Changes to the Procedures Governing Nonresident Contractors

Form AU-960 Nonresident Contractor Request for Verified Contractor Status

CT’s Business Response Center Out-of-state contractor, special bonding requirements

Overnight Shipping
50,000 Satisfied
Customers Nationwide
No Hidden Fees