Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.
We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.
We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.
The travel agency code requiring this bond was repealed on 7/1/2020. Surety bonds are no longer required for travel agencies licensed to work in Iowa.
Iowa Code 2022, Chapter 9D (17, 0) was repealed by 2020 Acts, chapter 1103, §44, 51.
Browse our nationwide travel agency bond page for information on travel agency bond requirements in other states
What if I need a different type of surety bond in Iowa?
Browse our Iowa surety bond page for information on the state's other surety bond requirements.
How to become a travel agency in Iowa
To register a new travel agency or renew registration for an existing travel agency in Iowa, applicants must do the following:
- provide the complete name, address and phone number of the travel agency
- list the names of all travel agents employed by the agency
- list the name, address and phone number of all persons who own/control at least 10% of the travel agency
- submit evidence of financial security
- pay the $15 registration/renewal fee