Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.
We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.
We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.
How much does a travel agency bond cost in Iowa?
The Iowa Secretary of State requires travel agents to post a $10,000 surety bond.
SuretyBonds.com offers these bonds for different costs depending on a review of each applicant’s credit report. Applicants with strong financial credentials could pay as low as $100 for their bond! Bad credit? No problem! Our experts will work hard to get you the bond you need for the best rate possible.
Give us a call at 1 (800) 308-4358 to connect with one of our surety specialists. Or fill out an online bond request form now!
Why do I need this bond?
Iowa travel agency bonds are put in place to ensure that travel agents conduct business lawfully. Specifically, this bond guarantees that the principal (travel agency):
- has applied to the Secretary of State for registration as a travel agent under Chapter 9D of the Iowa Code
- complies with the provisions of Chapter 9D of the Iowa Code and all rules and regulations within
- satisfies any loss or damages suffered by the State of Iowa or any person(s) harmed as a result of the principal’s violation of any of the provisions of the Iowa Code
Get your free, no-obligation bond quote within 1 business day of applying when you work with SuretyBonds.com. Get started now!
What’s the fine print?
Iowa travel agency bonds will remain continuous unless otherwise canceled by the surety. The surety can cancel the bond at any time by filing written notice of cancellation with the Secretary of State and travel agency at least 60 days prior to the effective date of the termination.
How to become a travel agency in Iowa
To register a new travel agency or renew registration for an existing travel agency in Iowa, applicants must do the following:
- provide the complete name, address and phone number of the travel agency
- list the names of all travel agents employed by the agency
- list the name, address and phone number of all persons who own/control at least 10% of the travel agency
- submit evidence of financial security
- pay the $15 registration/renewal fee
Complete licensing information can be accessed from the “Additional Resources” section of this page.