generic bond icon

Kansas Contractor License Bonds

Select Bond For Price
We offer 24/7 instant email delivery. Buy your bond now to get it within 6 minutes!


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

What is the cost of the Kansas construction bond? 

Kansas contractor bond costs start at $50 annually. Your exact cost will vary depending on your license type and its bond amount. Contractor license bonds for most cities in Kansas cost $100 annually. The Kansas nonresident contractor bond requires a quick application review to determine pricing.  

How do I get a contractor license bond in Kansas?

You can purchase your Kansas contractor license bond online 24/7. Simply choose your contractor bond from the dropdown above or the table below. Information requirements vary by city and county, but you typically need to provide your contractor or construction company name, physical business address, and license type for filing approval. Once your order has been processed, your bonding confirmation will be sent to your email. 

How fast can I get a contractor license bond?

Our industry-leading technology and responsive customer service team allow us to deliver your official Kansas contractor license bond faster than any other surety provider. Orders placed by 4 PM CST Monday-Friday are typically processed with same-day emailed bond delivery. 

If you have questions about Kansas contractor license bond requirements, call 1(800)308-4358 to speak with a friendly surety expert. We're here to guide you through the contractor bond process so you can get back to running your business.

Bond Type
$1,000-$50,000Department of Revenue Division of Taxation Non-Resident Contractor Bond
$4,000City of Arkansas City Contractor License and Permit Bond
$100-$250,000City of Bel Aire Contractor Bond
$5,000City of Belle Plaine Contractor Bond
$5,000City of Emporia Contractor Bond
$5,000City of Great Bend Contractor Bond
$10,000City of Hiawatha Contractor License Bond
$5,000City of Kansas City Mechanical or HVAC Contractor Bond
$5,000City of Kansas City Plumbing Contractor Bond
$5,000City of Lansing Contractor Bond
$5,000City of McPherson Contractor Bond
$5,000City of Wichita Contractor Bond
$5,000City of Winfield Contractor Bond
$5,000Wyandotte County, Kansas City Electrical Contractor Bond
$5,000Wyandotte County Septic And Cesspool Installer and Cleaner Bond
$5,000City of Shawnee Low Impact Land disturbance Permit Bond
$5,000City of Goodland Contractor License Bond
$5,000City of Shawnee Mud Bond for Commercial Contractors
$5,000City of Leawood Performance and Maintenance BondSingle permit
$50,000City of Leawood Performance and Maintenance BondAnnual blanket bond
$1,000City of Osage City Electric License Bond
$2,500City of Oberlin Electrician License Bond

What is a Kansas contractor license bond?

Kansas contractor license bond” is a blanket term for the various surety bonds required for contractor licensing in the state. Each bond must be filed with its licensing authority before a contractor license will be issued for an individual or company to perform construction work. These bonds reinforce licensing compliance by requiring contractors to work according to any applicable construction laws.

The Kansas Nonresident Contractors Tax Act requires nonresident contractors or subcontractors with registered contracts to file a surety bond with the state's Director of Taxation before conducting contracted work. This bond ensures nonresident contractors pay all contributions, tax, penalties, and interest owed. 

Why do I need a surety bond for contractor licensing in Kansas?

By filing a surety bond for contractor licensing, your agree to fulfill your professional contractor obligations as required by any applicable state or local laws. These bonds protect the state, your city/county, and consumers who suffer damages resulting from your noncompliance. Your issuing surety company will pay valid claims up to the full bond amount, which you would be required to reimburse. 

Who regulates licensing for contractors?

The Kansas Department of Revenue Division of Taxation requires nonresident contractors file a surety bond with the Director of Taxation before conducting construction work. If you're a nonresident contractor, you can contact the department by calling 1(785)296-5313.

Additionally, some cities and counties require contractors file surety bonds before they can be licensed to work in the area. Contact your local licensing agency if you're unsure if your city or county enforces local contractor licensing or surety bond requirements. If you need a surety bond for a city or county not listed above, call 1(800)308-4358.

Need a surety bond for a construction project in Kansas?

Kansas contractor bonds are required for licensing compliance. If you need a surety bond before you can begin work on an individual contracted project, you might need a bid bond, payment bond, performance bond, or other type of contract bond. If you perform construction work in states other than Kansas, we also offer contractor license bonds nationwide.

How do I update or change my contractor bond form?

If your licensing authority requires your surety bond documentation to be updated for any reason, contact your bonding company. If you purchased your bond from, email [email protected] to explain the needed change. The most common changes requested for these bonds include updating the contractor or construction company's name, address, or license type to match your state, city, or county license. 

How do I renew my Kansas contractors license surety bond?

You must renew your Kansas contractor bond before its current term expires. Once you pay your renewal invoice, we'll email you renewal instructions to keep your bonded contractor status active as required for licensing.

How do you get a contractor's license in Kansas?

Licensing requirements and application processes vary by city and county, so visit your city or county's website for local guidelines.

You should expect to provide the following when applying for your contractor license.

  • construction contractor license application
  • proof of general liability insurance
  • surety bond in the required amount
  • payment of all required fees

You should always verify your license classification and required bond amount with your city or county before purchasing your surety bond.

Nonresident contractors must submit a completed information form and surety bond to the Department of Revenue to register contracts more than $10,000.

Kansas Department of Revenue
P.O. Box 3506
Topeka, KS 66625-3506

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert