generic bond icon

Kansas Motor Vehicle Fuel and Special Fuel Surety Bond

Select Bond For Price


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

How much does a motor vehicle fuel bond cost in Kansas? offers fuel distributor, importer/exporter, and manufacturer bonds for different costs depending on the amount of coverage needed and the applicant’s credit report. Even though this bond is subject to underwriting, our team can find the lowest price available for your unique financial situation. The amount of coverage needed is determined by the state.

The best way to determine your exact surety bond cost is by calling 1 (800) 308-4358 to speak with an expert surety specialist about your bonding needs. You can also submit an online bond request to get started.

Bond Type
$1,000-$100,000Motor Vehicle Fuel and Special Fuel Distributor Bond
$5,000-$20,000Motor Vehicle Fuel and Special Fuel Importer/Exporter Bond
$5,000-$20,000Motor Vehicle Fuel and Special Fuel Manufacturer Bond

If you’re ready to get a free bond quote, give us a call at 1 (800) 308-4358, or submit an online request.

Why do I need this bond?

Motor fuel and special fuel tax bonds ensure that principals (fuel handlers) comply with all the provisions of motor fuel tax laws in Kansas - such as paying taxes and other fees. If a principal fails to fulfill these terms, a claim can be made against the bond to recover owed funds.

For more information on Kansas motor fuel bonds, contact a surety expert now.

What’s the fine print?

The Kansas Department of Revenue maintains three separate bond forms - one for each motor fuel designation (distributor, importer/exporter, or manufacturer). The principal’s business structure and street address must be listed on the form. If the bond is to be canceled, the surety must provide at least 60 days notice to the obligee.

How to become a motor vehicle fuel manufacturer, distributor, or importer/exporter in Kansas

It is unlawful for anyone to act as a motor vehicle fuel manufacturer, distributor, or importer/exporter without first obtaining the proper license. In addition to providing a bond, an applicant must submit a completed application packet to become licensed. The application must include the following information:

  • the name that the applicant intends to transact business under
  • the mailing address and location address
  • the company’s Federal Employers Identification Number
  • the company’s business phone and fax number
  • contact information for all owners with 5% or more ownership
  • and more

There is no fee required to apply. Licenses can be renewed annually before the first day of November. Detailed licensing information can be found in the “Additional Resources” section of this page.

If you’re ready to get your motor fuel business license in Kansas, purchase your required surety bond now!

Ready to get started?

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert