generic bond icon

Kansas Liquor License Bond or Drink Tax Bond

Select Bond For Price
We offer 24/7 instant email delivery. Buy your bond now to get it within 6 minutes!


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

How much does a Kansas liquor license bond or drink tax bond cost? 

Kansas liquor license bond costs start at $100 annually. Your exact premium will vary depending on your liquor license type. 

Kansas liquor drink tax bond costs also start at $100 annually. Bond amounts greater than $10,000 require a quick application review to determine pricing. 

How do I get a liquor license bond or drink tax bond in Kansas?

You can purchase your liquor license or drink tax bond online 24/7. Simply select the bond type required for your liquor license and provide the following information for Department of Revenue filing approval. 

  • licensee name 
  • physical business address
  • county
  • license type
  • liquor drink registration number, if available

Once your payment is processed, your official liquor license or liquor tax bond will be emailed to you instantly. 

How fast can I get a liquor license or drink tax surety bond? offers instant Kansas liquor license and liquor tax bond delivery 24/7. Buy your bond now to receive your official alcohol permit or tax bond delivered in minutes by email. 

Bond Type
$200Liquor License BondLicense Class 1: Non-Beverage User
$500Liquor License BondLicense Class 2: Non-Beverage User
$750Liquor License BondOut-Of-State Special Order Shipping License
$1,000Liquor License BondLicense Class 3: Non-Beverage User
$2,000Liquor License BondFarm Winery, Microbrewery, Microdistillery, Retailer
$5,000Liquor License BondLicense Class 4: Beer or Wine Distributor, Non-Beverage User
$10,000Liquor License BondLicense Class 5: Non-Beverage User
$15,000Liquor License BondSpirits Distributor
$25,000Liquor License BondManufacturer
$1,000-$10,000Liquor Drink Tax Bond
$10,001-$50,000Liquor Drink Tax Bond

What is a Kansas liquor license bond?

Kansas General Statutes Chapter 41 Article 3 Section 17 requires individuals file a surety bond before they can be licensed to work in the state as a liquor manufacturer, distributor, non-beverage user, microbrewery, microdistillery, farm winery, retailer, or special order shipper. State form ABC-804 is officially titled the “Surety Bond for Liquor Licenses Issued Under the Liquor Control Act" and specifically requires licensees comply with the Kansas Liquor Control Act and all regulations enforced by the Alcoholic Beverage Control Division. 

What is a Kansas liquor drink tax bond?

State form LD-400, officially titled the “Liquor Drink Tax Surety Bond,” must be filed after an individual has submitted a Liquor Drink Tax Certificate of Registration with the Director of Taxation. This bond requires that licensed establishments selling alcoholic liquor comply with Kansas liquor drink tax laws, rules, and regulations. Your required bond amount will be the greater of $1,000 or your 3-month average liquor drink tax liability.

Why do I need an Alcoholic Beverage Control surety bond?

By filing a liquor license or liquor drink tax bond with the Kansas Department of Revenue, you agree to operate your business according to the Kansas Liquor Control Act and Kansas liquor drink tax laws, rules, and regulations. You also agree to pay all fees, fines, and taxes owed to the state as required. If you fail to do so, your issuing surety company will pay valid claims up to the full bond amount, which you would be required to reimburse.

Who issues liquor licenses in Kansas? 

The Kansas Department of Revenue Alcoholic Beverage Control enforces liquor license regulations and requirements in the state. If you have questions about your license application, current licensing status, or required bond amount, you can contact the Alcoholic Beverage Control by calling 1(785)368-8222. You can find additional Alcoholic Beverage Control contact information on their contact portal.

What liquor license types are available in Kansas?

The Kansas Alcoholic Beverage Control offers the following liquor license types. You should always verify which liquor license type you need before purchasing your liquor license bond type or completing your liquor license application. 

  • beer distributor
  • farm winery
  • manufacturer
  • microbrewery
  • microdistillery
  • non-beverage user
  • producer
  • retailer
  • special order shipping
  • spirits distributor
  • wine distributor

How do I update or change my liquor license or alcohol tax bond?

If the Department of Revenue requires your surety bond documentation to be updated for any reason, contact your surety company. If you purchased your licensee or tax bond from, email [email protected] to explain the needed change. The most common changes requested for these bonds are the licensee name, address, or bond amount.

How do I renew my liquor license or liquor tax bond?

Liquor license bonds and alcohol bonds for taxes should be renewed before their current term ends. Once you pay your renewal invoice, we'll email you renewal instructions to keep your bond active for your next license or tax term.

How do I get a liquor license in Kansas?

You can apply for a Kansas liquor license online. You must provide the following to the Department of Revenue when applying.

Applications for manufacturers, distributors, and non-beverage users should be processed within 20 days whereas all other licenses and permits should be processed within 30 days. 

Your new license will be hand-delivered to you by your local ABC enforcement agent. Permits are delivered by email. 

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert