generic bond icon

Missouri Alcohol Tax Bond

Select Bond For Price
We offer 24/7 instant email delivery. Buy your bond now to get it within 6 minutes!


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

How much does a Missouri alcohol tax bond cost?

Missouri alcohol tax bond costs start at $100 annually. Your personal premium will vary depending on the bond amount required for your sales tax bond. If your bond amount is more than $25,000, your invoice will be provided after a quick application review.

How do I get an intoxicating liquor, wine and beer tax bond in Missouri?

You can purchase your Missouri liquor, wine and beer tax bond online 24/7. You'll need to provide your name, address, and county for Department of Public Safety filing approval. Once your payment has been processed, your official Missouri surety bond will be delivered to your email instantly.

How fast can I get an alcohol retailer state tax bond? offers instant Missouri alcohol tax bond delivery 24/7. Purchase now to receive your official alcohol sales tax bond delivered in minutes by email.

*Note: If your bond amount is higher than $25,000, your purchase order will be reviewed by a team member before your documents are emailed.

Bond Type
$100-$25,000Alcohol Tax Bond
$25,001-$100,000Alcohol Tax Bond

What is a Missouri alcohol tax bond?

Revised Statutes of Missouri Section 311.181 requires individuals be licensed before operating as an alcohol manufacturer or solicitor. The state bond form is officially titled the “Corporate Bond (Intoxicating Liquor, Wine & 5% Beer Tax)” but is more commonly known as the “alcohol sales tax bond," "alcohol tax bond," or “liquor license bond.” The form specifically requires alcohol manufacturers and solicitors comply with all Alcohol and Tobacco Control rules and regulations and also pay all money owed to the Director of Revenue. 

Why do Missouri alcohol manufacturers and solicitors need an alcohol tax bond?

By filing this bond, you agree to comply with the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes sections 311.520, 311.550, 311.553, 311.554, 311.557, 311.561, 311.580 and 311.600. You also agree to pay all taxes according to Missouri law when operating as a liquor, wine or beer manufacturer or solicitor. If you fail to do so, your issuing surety company will pay valid claims up to your full bond amount, which you'd be required to reimburse in full. 

How do I determine my bond amount? 

The Supervisor of Alcohol and Tobacco Control will determine your Missouri intoxicating liquor, wine and 5% beer tax bond amount, which should not exceed an amount equal to twice a retailer’s tax liability of a monthly return.

Who regulates alcohol tax in Missouri? 

The Missouri Department of Public Safety Division of Alcohol and Tobacco Control enforces licensing regulations for alcohol retailers in the state, including the alcohol tax bond amount requirement. You can contact the Alcohol and Tobacco Control Central Office by calling 1(573)751-2333.

How do I update or change my alcohol retailer state tax bond form? 

If the Missouri Department of Public Safety requires your surety bond documentation to be updated for any reason, contact your surety provider. If you purchased your bond from, email [email protected] to explain the needed change. The most common changes requested are updating your name, address, or county to match your alcohol retailer liquor license.

How do I renew my intoxicating liquor, wine and beer tax bond? 

You must renew your Missouri alcohol tax bond before its current term expires annually on June 30th. Once you pay your renewal invoice, a new surety bond form will be issued and sent to you for your next alcohol retailer liquor license term.

How do I get a liquor license as a manufacturer or solicitor in Missouri? 

The following must be submitted when applying for a liquor license as a manufacturer or solicitor.

  • completed application
  • payment of fees
  • criminal record check
  • copy of your Missouri Retail Sales Tax license
  • certificate of no tax due
  • copies of paid personal property tax or real estate tax receipts
  • proof of voter registration
  • recent photos of owners
  • recent photo of the building to be licensed and detached storage areas
  • copy of signed lease, deed or rental agreement
  • certificate of good standing (if applicable)
  • copy of federal permit
  • tax bond
  • copy of a completed health inspection 

These documents should be returned to your district office as explained on page 4 of the requirements checklist

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert