How much does an alcohol retailer tax bond cost in Missouri?
Missouri intoxicating liquor, wine and 5% beer tax bonds must be in amounts between $1,000 and $100,000. The exact amount of this bond is determined by the Supervisor of Alcohol and Tobacco Control of the State of Missouri and shouldn’t exceed an amount equal to twice a retailer’s tax liability of a monthly return.
Typically, SuretyBonds.com can issue these bonds in amounts up to $10,000 instantly without a credit check. Ask about getting bonded for multiple years at a discounted rate!
If you’re ready to get bonded, call SuretyBonds.com at 1 (800) 308-4358 or fill out our online bond request form. One of our surety bond experts will contact you to walk you through our bonding process step-by-step. It’s that easy!
Why do I need this bond?
Missouri liquor, wine and beer tax bonds ensure that principals (alcohol retailers) pay all taxes according to law and fully comply with the provisions of sections 311.520, 311.550, 311.553, 311.554, 311.557, 311.561, 311.580 and 311.600 of the Missouri Revised Statutes.
Our team of surety experts is just a call or click away and ready to help you get the surety bond you need. Click here or call 1 (800) 308-4358 to get a free, personalized bond quote.
What’s the fine print?
Missouri alcohol tax bonds are required by the Supervisor of Alcohol and Tobacco Control of the State of Missouri. These bonds are continuous until canceled, and the surety must give written notice to the principal and the state 30 days prior to canceling the bond.
How to become an alcohol retailer in Missouri
The following materials must be submitted to apply for licensure:
- completed application form (in black ink or typed)
- licensing fee
- criminal record check dated within the six months preceding the date of application
- copy of Missouri Retail Sales Tax license in the name of the applicant
- statement of No Sales Tax Due from the Missouri Department of Revenue dated within the preceding 90 days
- copy of the sole owner’s, all partners or managing officer’s personal property or real estate tax receipt for the preceding year
- copy of the sole owner’s, all partners or managing officer’s voter’s registration card
A full list of licensing requirements can be found in the Additional Resources section of this page.
Submit a bond request to get a free, personalized bond quote.
Ready to get started?