generic bond icon

New York Alcohol Distributor Bond

Select Bond For Price
Want your bond emailed to you Thursday, May 23? Buy your bond within 23 hrs 36 min!


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

How Much Does a New York Alcoholic Distributor Bond Cost?

New York alcoholic distributor bond costs $12 per $1,000 of coverage, with a $100 minimum. Your bond premium will depend on your New York Liquor Authority license type and term length. Contact the Department of Taxation and Finance about your bond amount.

You can purchase bonds for up to $25,000 in coverage instantly online with no credit check. If you need a wholesale liquor license bond for more than $25,000, your application will undergo underwriting review to determine pricing. Personal credit score and other financial factors will impact your price. Apply now for an instant quote.

Bond Type
$1,000-$25,000Alcohol Distributor Bond
$25,001-$100,000Alcohol Distributor Bond

How Do I Get a New York Alcohol License or Permit Bond? 

Select the bond and provide your name and address to buy your bond securely online in minutes. Once you pay, we'll deliver an email copy and mail your official bond documents per your selected shipping method. 

What Is a New York Alcoholic Distributor Bond?

A New York Alcoholic Distributor Bond is required by the Department of Taxation and Finance for all distributors of alcoholic beverages prior to doing business. Filing a surety bond is a required step in the State Liquor Authority sales tax vendor licensing process to ensure payment of all taxes and fees owed to the state.

If a distributor violates state regulations or fails to pay alcohol sales taxes, the surety company will pay valid claims up to the full bond amount which the distributor must then reimburse.

Who Needs an New York Alcohol Distributor Bond?

Acts carried out by alcoholic beverage distributors include:

  • Importing beer or wine
  • Storing beer or wine in a warehouse within NY and purchasing warehouse receipts
  • Brewing, producing, distilling or manufacturing beer or wine

If your businesses performs any of these activities in New York, you need to file a surety bond with the state Department of Taxation and Finance.

How Do I Update or Change My Alcohol Distributor Bond? 

If the New York Department of Taxation and Finance requires an update to your surety bond form, contact your surety company. If you purchased your New York alcoholic distributor bond from, email [email protected] to explain the needed change.

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert