Closed Monday 5/27 for Memorial Day

generic bond icon

New York Oversize Permit Bond

Price Varies / 1 year term


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

How much will my New York oversize permit bond cost?

New York’s Department of Transportation requires all divisible and special load haulers to be bonded prior to conducting business. Types of loads include but are not limited to:

  • Aggregate
  • Scrap metal
  • Logs
  • Milk
  • Trash/refuse/garbage
  • Manufactured homes
  • Self-propelled construction vehicles

Bond amounts are determined by the height, width, length and weight of hauled loads.

Height of loads:

  • Between 16-17 ft. - $10,000
  • Greater than 17 ft. - $30,000

Width of loads:

  • Greater than 16 ft - $10,000

Length of loads:

  • Greater than 160 ft - $10,000

Weight of loads:

  • Between 200,000-300,000 lbs. - $10,000
  • Between 300,000-400,000 lbs. - $20,000
  • Greater than 400,000 lbs. - $50,000

Be sure to contact the Department of Transportation to find out the exact amount you are required to post. Providing a bond expert with your given bond amount can speed up the bonding process and might lower the bond rate.

Bond premiums are subject to underwriting, meaning the amount you pay is based on your financial credentials. No matter your credit, we can get you bonded at the lowest rate available. Fill out a request form today for your free bond quote.

Bond Type
$10,000-$50,000Oversize Permit Bond

Why do I need this bond?

By posting this bond, the principal obligates to comply with all conditions and terms of the permit issued, in addition to performing satisfactory and honest work. More specifically, this bond offers indemnity to any person who suffers a damage or loss due to the negligence of the principal.

Our bonding specialists know all surety bonds like the back of their hand. Have a question or concern? Get in touch with a live specialist by calling 1 (800) 308-4358 or submitting a request form.

What’s the fine print?

All bonds will remain in full force unless voided.

What kind of permit do I need to operate in New York?

To legally conduct business within the State of New York you must first be licensed. License requirements are based on the type of permit you are applying for. To find out what all you need for license approval, check out the NY permits page.

Ready to get started?

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert