How much does a South Carolina contract security agency bond cost?
A South Carolina contract security agency surety bond costs $100 per year and is available to purchase instantly online. However, when you work with SuretyBonds.com, you can save 25% on your renewal premium when you choose a multi-year term at checkout.
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost|
|$10,000 Contract Security Agency Bond||$10,000||$100|
What is a contract security agency bond?
A contract security agency bond is a type of license and permit bond required by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division. The bond must be in the amount of $10,000 and is required of any entity performing contract security work or charging money for services of security professionals.
By obtaining a surety bond, the agency is complying with Section 40-18-50(B) of the South Carolina Code of Laws and guarantees to the Division they will adhere to all applicable state and local laws.
The surety bond is typically issued for 12 months and must be renewed annually for as long as the business wishes to keep its license active. However, the bond is written so that the surety company has the right to cancel it at any time during the term by providing the state with 30 days notice.
If the surety cancels the bond, it is the reponsibility of the licensee to obtain a new bond immediately to avoid any penalties associated with a lapse in coverage.
Surety Bonds for Private Detectives in South Carolina
The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division also requires private detectives to get a surety bond prior to receiving a license. For more information such as how much the bond will cost and why it is required, visit our South Carolina private detective surety bond page.
How to get a contract security agency business license in South Carolina
To get a contract security agency business license in South Carolina, applicants must meet all requirements listed on Form R-33. If a security agency fails to meet any of the following requirements, they risk having their license application rejected by the Division.
- Payment of annual license fee in the amount of $350 for unarmed registration or $395 for armed registration, as well as a completed Proof of Training for Firearms form.
- Complete and sign a notarized contract security business application
- Provide 2 complete sets of fingerprint cards
- Include a recent digital photograph
- Submit an original $10,000 surety bond
- Complete and sign a notarized Judgment Statement Affidavit
- Complete and sign a notarized Incorporation form (PD/PS-9)
- Provide a Disclosure of Principal(s) form
- Complete and sign SafeGuard SC Basic, Primary Plus, and/or Proof of Training forms
Applicants for a contract security agency license must also have at least 2 years of experience supervising or administrating in industrial security with another business, a SLED-approved program, or as a member of law enforcement.