How much does a $10,000 private detective surety bond cost in South Carolina?
South Carolina private detective surety bonds cost $100 and can be issued instantly. Simply click Buy Now to purchase your bond safely and securely from our site. In just a few minutes you can be on your way to getting bonded as a private investigator in South Carolina.
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost|
|$10,000 Private Detective Bond||$10,000||$100|
Why do I need this bond?
The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division requires private detectives to post $10,000 surety bonds.
South Carolina private detective bonds ensure that principals (private detectives) perform the duties of said office according to state laws—specifically, South Carolina Code of Laws Title 40, Chapter 18.
This bond protects the state and other individuals from financial loss if the investigator fails to adhere to the law and the terms of the surety bond contract.
What’s the fine print?
If the principal remains compliant with all regulations and performs all business faithfully and honestly, South Carolina private detective surety bonds remain effective and must be renewed each year. In the event that any provisions or conditions stated in the bond are disobeyed, the bond becomes null and void following a claim.
How to become a private detective in South Carolina
To become a licensed private detective in South Carolina, applicants must first meet several specific requirements:
- Minimum 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Citizen of the United States
- Clean criminal background check
- Must not use drugs
- Must not use alcohol to such degree that affects his or her ability to perform duties of private investigator
- No discharge from military service other than honorable discharge
- Minimum three years’ experience as private investigator employed by licensed private investigation agency or as investigator for law firm, government agency, or private corporation or as a sworn officer with a federal law enforcement agency
Ready to get started?